Author Topic: Do we or don't we? ??  (Read 7355 times)

Offline marshy

• Bristol, UK
Re: Do we or don't we? ??
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2016, 16:04:56 PM »
Thanks for all your advice.
Pros and cons  ile take it all in and digest.
Definately going to do a couple of months in the winter then maybe next year make the decision.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2016, 18:11:07 PM »
May I suggest December to March for your winter visit. If you have the slightest inkling of living in Ovacik, rent an apartment and not a hotel for those months. You will get some realistic idea of what Turkish winters are like. Good Luck

Offline marshy

• Bristol, UK
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2016, 06:56:52 AM »
Hi,
Yes that advice seems to come up alot...My employer is happy for me to Work in the UK for 3 months Jan/March..so hopefully as long as I still get the 120 days on the RP then I would be in England all the time during those months anyway.

Thanks,
Phil.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2016, 20:33:11 PM »
Hi Phil I think you are doing the right thing by trying things out first, and certainly I'd endorse every bit of advice offered above.  It's a good life here, winter or summer, but the Fethiye area is a very nice bubble in Turkey, but you should not assume the rest of Turkey is like it.  There are frustrations here, but you need to learn to 'roll with the blows' of dealing with bureacracy, quirks in turkish culture, and people trying to turn you over on prices and money in general.  Keep your wits about you, a good guide is would you be willing to do something in the  UK that you might be asked to do in Turkey, especially by nice barmen, gardeners or their families!!

Offline marshy

• Bristol, UK
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2016, 21:12:15 PM »
That's great. Thanks for the above. .We have decided to rent our house out for a year and see what happens at the end of that time.
At least then we should know what we want.
At the very least it's going to be an exciting few months ahead.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf