Author Topic: First timer.... bear with me ....lol  (Read 2195 times)

Offline gt

First timer.... bear with me ....lol
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2006, 07:17:37 AM »
hi dixie
          welcome and have a great time where you end up.Use the internet to search for your villa as well as posting the dates and areas you are looking for on this site.there are plenty of members who rent out.hope you find what you are looking for

Offline maybe

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2006, 11:04:51 AM »
Hey, Dixie!
You're just round the corner from me!  I'm Battle side of Hastings.  

Welcome to the site.  

B

Offline Orange

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2006, 11:16:48 AM »
Hi and welcome to the forum - hope you find the perfect place to stay and enjoy your holiday.

Offline booo

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2006, 12:06:02 PM »
Hi Dixie, welcome.
They don't have villas in Olu Deniz but there is Hisaronu and Ovacik which are about 10 mins away by Dolmus. Calis is 2 dolmus rides away from Olu Deniz, will prob take about 40 mins on bus to get there.
Everyone will prob get angry but in my opinion Olu Deniz is in a different league to Calis in terms of the beauty of the place (excluding sunsets) Olu Deniz beach is just so much cleaner and there is so much on offer like parasailing, renting pedalos, canoeing etc and the blue lagoon is so nice for swimming in.
I'm sure you will enjoy your holiday wherever you go though.

Offline lmaddy

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2006, 13:06:56 PM »
It depends on what you want from your hols - Olu Deniz is beautiful and the beach lovely. It is much busier then Calis in high season, more bars & resaurants they line the beach and then go back a couple of rows.

There are only hotels in Olu Deniz - no villas. Villas are a 10 min bus ride away in Hisaronu & Ovacik. These are further up the mountain so are cooler then Olu Denix. Hisaronu is very very lively with lots of bars & restaurants.It is more of a tourist party area.
Ovacik is quiter and I would say a bit more up market. People saying in Ovacik would probably go to Hisaronu and Olu Deniz for night life.

Calis is on the seafront, it has a cooling breeze all year round, the beach is used by the locals as well as touists, I would say less busy then Olu Deniz in high season & you can walk away from Calis to more quiter coves. The beach is small pebbles and the water is slightly more choppy then Olu Deniz and the decent into the sea more steep. There is a long promanade with many restaurants facing the sea.On paper Calis doesn't say much but when you are there it just grabs you.

Hisaronu is too busy for me (though I have stayed there with teenagers and they loved it). I have never stayed in Ovicik but it does look nice. Some of the other owners may tell you more about the area. I am not sure how far you are from the Dolmus.

Lorraine

Offline booo

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2006, 13:43:16 PM »
I think a nice location is between Ovacik and Hisaronu as it is a nice walk back after a night out and the villas there look lovely. Think there is now a small water park in Ovacik too.
Ovacik is pretty much in the middle for Olu Deniz, Hiraronu and Fethiye and all on the same dolmus route.
Calis does have a nice promenade to walk along at night but during the day it looks in need of a bit of a revamp.

Offline dixie

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2006, 13:18:57 PM »
Ohh thnaks everyone for your replies and comments ... i will cerainly be visiting this site to ask many questions i am sure in the next few weeks ... thanks again tuu xxx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf