Author Topic: hello from another newby  (Read 2500 times)

Offline jj

• Manchester, UK
hello from another newby
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2007, 19:02:31 PM »
Warm welcome to the forum Martin!

Julie

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
hello from another newby
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2007, 19:24:08 PM »
hi to everyone in Calis,please bear with me i am new to technology and learning to use the computer.Thanks for your message Jen, and helping to get me on line. Heres hoping I can pick this up.Love to everyone and yet another good year in Calis.Moe & Kenny.x.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
hello from another newby
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2007, 19:31:52 PM »
Hi Martin and a very warm welcome to the Forum. :)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
hello from another newby
« Reply #13 on: March 05, 2007, 19:33:08 PM »
Thanks for the plug Michael.....glad to have helped :)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
hello from another newby
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2007, 19:36:47 PM »
Hi Laffa ....and a very warm welcome to you too. :)

Offline headroom

hello from another newby
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2012, 11:12:24 AM »
Hello All, I recently "re-found" this forum, (I seem to remember it went off line for a while?) thanks to reading that a certain chappy from Uzumlu was using it (Thanks, P.)
this is how I introduced myself a few years ago, things never work exactly how you might hope, but it nice to dream that it might . . .

quote:
Originally posted by headroom

Hi to all the good people of this forum, I have just joined and will gladly follow the protocol of introduction, we bought a villa in Kalkan in 2005  and have been back and forth 4 times since, (5th coming up this Friday....HOORAY!). We did the classic no no of buying on impulse whilst on holiday, but I am very happy to say so glad we did, otherwise we probably would have dithered around, thinking about it, and never got on with it! . . . . . . .etc.
  . . . . and we are now starting the furnishing of our new roof terrace, and bedroom, so maybe we will look at Fethiye some more.
  Sorry for rambling on, I am 54, a barber (hence all the rabbit!) and hope to retire to live most of the time in Turkey in around 3 years. My wife suffers with an illness known as fibro myalgia and whilst in this dreary climate of Blighty suffers badly with pain, in the sun?........not quite athletic, but vastly better!

That was written five years ago, and you know what? I am STILL working! Thanks to the collapse of the UK housing market my plans/hopes/dreams, have been considerably delayed.
    Well, now the Villa is for sale, not because we have fallen out with Kalkan or Turkey, the Villa is beautiful and rental has been consistently good, but it was always too big to retire to. We are hope to either build a small bungalow style or maybe buy a log cabin style pre-fab place (any thought on them would be appreciated)or even rent somewhere, we're thinking maybe Patara, yabanci can't actually buy there, or yet another option somewhere near Fethiye, it's got plenty of flat land where we can walk easily.
    I've probably gone past the boredom line now so I'll sign off, the forum will now be compulsive reading again thanks. Martin

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
hello from another newby
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2012, 13:32:47 PM »
welcome back after 5yrs and 3 posts  :)

Offline Mr Pickles

hello from another newby
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2012, 08:13:03 AM »
Hi Martin, welcome back to the forum

Ian

Offline PKHUGHES100

hello from another newby
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2012, 14:02:25 PM »
Hi Martin, anothger warm welcome, hope all your plans turn out the way you wnat them to.

Kevin

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf