Author Topic: Was a member before  (Read 1455 times)

Offline monkeygirl

Was a member before
« on: July 30, 2011, 08:53:06 AM »
Hi there I am a previous member of this site however could not sign in so have had to re register, we travel to Turkey two or three times a year and having read what you can and can not write I am a bit concerned my post would not be allowed maybe someone could help?
I wanted to warn people what had happen to us on our last visit to Ovacik in June and also we are seeking somewhere to rent for the middle two weeks in September for two adults with private pool but not sure I can ask this [?]

Offline tony jenkins

Was a member before
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2011, 08:58:35 AM »
What happened in Ovacik monkeygirl [?]

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Was a member before
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2011, 09:18:41 AM »
hi and welcome
i do not think there is anything to be concerned about what you write
read the new members info scunner has put on that will help you :D :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2011, 09:20:36 AM by puma »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Was a member before
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2011, 11:37:32 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by monkeygirl

Hi there I am a previous member of this site however could not sign in so have had to re register, we travel to Turkey two or three times a year and having read what you can and can not write I am a bit concerned my post would not be allowed maybe someone could help?
I wanted to warn people what had happen to us on our last visit to Ovacik in June and also we are seeking somewhere to rent for the middle two weeks in September for two adults with private pool but not sure I can ask this [?]

I will contact you privately so we can have a chat - if something happened during your visit I would be surprised if it would not be allowed as a topic on CBF, we delete very little as forums go.

Offline Mr Pickles

Was a member before
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2011, 14:22:30 PM »
Hi Val, welcome to the forum

If your warning about what happened to you could affect or help stop something similar happening to someone else, then it will almost certainly be an allowable topic (Oh Yes  ;))

Ian

Offline monkeygirl

Was a member before
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 07:51:05 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by monkeygirl

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Was a member before
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 08:03:53 AM »
Did you mean to add something monkey girl[?]

Offline monkeygirl

Was a member before
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2011, 08:04:26 AM »
Now managed to hire a villa for September yippee....
With regard to what happened to us in June in Ovacik I have now sent my concerns to The Fethiye Times who are looking for people who feel that they had been ripped off whilst on holiday in Turkey but basically we booked a small hotel in Ovacik and ended up being charged more than double what all the other guest had paid this was because we had booked direct with the owner that didn't turn out to be as honest as he and others had made him out to be

Offline Foosey

Was a member before
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2011, 19:50:28 PM »
Welcome Monkeygirl .... yes we have found that too .. often works out cheaper to book through someone like Travel republic.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2011, 19:51:04 PM by Foosey »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf