Author Topic: Living in turkey  (Read 1531 times)

Offline Adamdarover

Living in turkey
« on: September 12, 2011, 20:04:55 PM »
Hi people,

I am currently trying to purchase a student visa to enable me study and work in turkey, does anybody know how difficult it is to obtain one of these and the costs involved?

Secondly what is the average monthly cost of rental properties in the fethiye region and the average cost of other monthly outgoings?

Thanks in advance

Adam

Offline Jim Fraser

Living in turkey
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2011, 20:30:25 PM »
Hi Adam and welcome - seem to think we've met before.

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Living in turkey
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2011, 20:33:37 PM »
Welcome Adam.

Can't help with the visa stuff but can you be more specific with your housing needs? Lots of difference between a shared house or a 5 bed villa!

Offline Julesp

Living in turkey
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2011, 21:29:59 PM »
Hi welcome. As supacabby says No idea re student visa But I think you would have to sort out in the Uk before coming here as well as any work visa

Prices here on average for apartments are from 200tl to infinity depends what you want

Offline kizkucuk

Living in turkey
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2011, 21:42:53 PM »
Hi Adam welcome to the forum - the work visa goes with the job and your employer has to apply for you explaining why they are not employing a Turkish person.   The kinds of jobs students traditionally look for are usually prohibited to foreigners - things like bar and shop work.   Not sure about the student visa - perhaps you could post us an update when you have the information :-)

Offline Adamdarover

Living in turkey
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2011, 22:23:04 PM »
Hi jim lol yes I'm sure we have, thanks for directing me to this forum much appreciated.

I am looking for a small apartment 2bed. Does anybody think it would be easier renting a self catering apartment within a complex or hotel rather than a private rental?

When I plan to come over I will have a law degree qualification and I also plan to learn Turkish at grade 2 as my uni calls it which is a medium level would this make any difference towards finding employment?

Cheers

Adam

Offline kizkucuk

Living in turkey
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2011, 09:08:56 AM »
Hi Adam - the Turkish makes no difference to finding a job you can do legally.  Some peopl take the risk and work illegally but there are heavy penalties if you are caught including deportation and a ban from coming back for 5 years.    A self catering apartment will set you back between £15 and £30 a night and lots of places are closed in the winter a fully furnished 2 bed apartment should be between 500 - 750tl depending on where it is.      Good Luck  :-)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Living in turkey
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2011, 10:14:12 AM »
Land of Lights classified is a good place to start your house hunt as is a posting on here (which is how I found my apt), as for being legally able to work/study I think that's a minefield waiting to explode & very best of luck with that task! I believe that you need to be resident for at least 3 years before being allowed to apply for a work permit, if that's wrong then please correct me but that was the last info I was given.

Offline scot

• Ayr, Scotland, UK
Living in turkey
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2011, 12:43:08 PM »
Welcome to CBF.

Bruce

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf