Author Topic: Hello from not so sunny Southsea  (Read 1872 times)

Offline ladydiver

Hello from not so sunny Southsea
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 16:52:28 PM »
Hi Linda, I used to live in Tipner many years ago, now live in Fethiye.  Welcome to the Forum.

Offline Pompeylil

« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2012, 20:49:02 PM »
Hi and welcome.   We live in Cowplain and holiday in Calis area several times a year.  This forum is fantastic for ideas and advice!

Offline Mr Pickles

« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2012, 07:49:06 AM »
Hi Linda, welcome to the forum

I also have a place in Fethiye (Deliktas), and I have never lived in Pompey - but I did work there for a few months on the Gunwharf Quays project  :)

Ian

Offline SteveJ

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2012, 12:24:09 PM »
Hi Linda and welcome to the forum. Small world - do you know Gatcombe House in Copner?  I used to live there in the early 70's  :)

Offline Lindashams

« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2012, 15:00:52 PM »
Hi all yes it really is a small world, I must say Jenny I envy you off on a years trial, good luck!.  Yes SteveJ I know Gatcombe House, I have an aunt living just off the Copnor Road. I think it is a listed building, certainly a lot of history attached to it. My friend lives in one of the 70's building's built in Gatcombe Park.  Hopefully we will meet up with a few of you in Blighty or the Fethiye area.

Offline Jenny Daly

« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2012, 18:35:40 PM »
Blimey I can't believe how may of us come from the same area or have a connection to it. I use to go to Gatcombe Park 2 or 3 times a week when I use to do district nursing. Where in Cowplain do you live Pompeylil? I use to live down Durley Ave - Latchmore Gardens for years.  Mike and I love Fethiye and would love to live in Karigozler area, at the moment we have a place in Calis.  Getting excited now for next week.
Perhaps we really should have a Blighty get together?? It's always nice to meet people from your local area here and in Turkey. You never know we may end up knowing the same people.

Offline Pompeylil

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2012, 07:04:24 AM »
Hi Jeny, we are off topic but we live just off the A3 - not far from Durley Avenue, (won't put the road name on here - its an open forum etc) but we are near to Latchmore Forest Grove.  I work at the Cowplain Social Club - accounts person!  So do not have far to go to work!  

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf