Author Topic: What to take  (Read 3180 times)

Offline Tartdog

« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 21:59:03 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by puma

ditto do not use him i was ripped off once bitten twice shy i thought i had a good deal then realise when he asked me for change that is when he pulled his con

What was the con he did?.Tartdog.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
What to take
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2008, 22:11:20 PM »
he is a bloody magician he counts it out but when you check again there is not as much

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
What to take
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2008, 22:30:06 PM »
 :)I wont change money with and never say helo to him when Kenny changes money there, but Kenny says he never ripped him off, must be the dirty side ward glance from me/:P

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
What to take
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 07:23:39 AM »
The con goes something like this...... Say you want to exchange £150  @2.56 you would expect to get 384 YTL but somewhere in the conversation he will ask do you have change? I4 Lira? The natural assumption is that is to round off the figure so we will for the example give him 14 Lira and he will count out your money and give you say 385 check it please...probably talking to you at the time. So it is about what you were expecting and you think no more of it. The reality of the transaction is this:: £150 @2.56 is 384 Lira less the 14 Lira you gave him is 370Lira plus the extra 1 Lira he gave you is 371Lira for £ 150 this is 2.47 lira not 2.56 Lira to the £ you thought you were getting.  He is very clever and 9 out of ten people will never realise they have been conned. He may well have other ways as well.  If he worked this particular example on say ten people every day he would make about one thousand Lira a week !!!!!

Offline mutlusandra

What to take
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 07:39:16 AM »
I suggest that you dont change any sterling at the airport either, the rate has been very poor the last couple of pick ups i did. good rate hunting!

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
What to take
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2008, 11:27:03 AM »
That guy to whom you refer is a total hustler- granted a good one! He's not managed to rip us off cos I sussed him the very first time( more good luck than financial acumen!) but to be fair hes still going strong and it must have been the early 90's we first happened across him! I'm with Moe- I cant even bear to smile at him when we walk passed.Urgh!
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 11:27:34 AM by Cavfan »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf