Author Topic: Internet Banking  (Read 3431 times)

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Internet Banking
« Reply #10 on: October 23, 2008, 08:28:22 AM »
Thats what I thought Steve, but somehow 8 hours after opening a sole account my money has been taken. You would imagine that when he logged into a joint account which was empty, that any attempt to withdraw or transfer money would result in being denied or overdrawn, but somehow it has then linked to my new account and allowed the transaction.

Offline julesbob0303

Internet Banking
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 10:38:51 AM »
I want to transfer some money from the HSBC in the UK to HSBC in Fethiye.  Went into the bank to do it on Friday - they were very unhelpful and clearly didn't know what to do.  :(

Basically, I was told to go home and do it on the internet as it is cheaper.   :)

Went home to find that you can only transfer funds between 8am and 3.30pm Monday to Friday (banking hours - makes sense I suppose.)  Trouble is, it was after 3.30 when I got home, and I work in a school, so very difficult to get onto the internet for private things during these hours. :(  The cost shown was £9.

The bloke in the bank told me it would cost about £25 to do it through the bank (I only want to transfer £300!) so this is quite a lot to pay.  We were led to believe that transferring between banks of the same group carried a minimal charge, if any.  What are other people paying for this service?

Offline Tykatem

• Norfolk, UK
Internet Banking
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 12:17:41 PM »
Hi Jules, I bank with First Direct (HSBC) Their charges for a priority payment are:- £10 within HSBC group and £25 all other banks. They say that when sending an international payment there is a possibilty that the beneficiary bank and/or an intermediary bank may charge for handling the funds.

Pete

Offline julesbob0303

Internet Banking
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 12:44:24 PM »
Thanks for that Pete.  As I said earlier, the bloke in the local branch didn't have a clue, and it was easier (for him!) to send me away telling me its cheaper to do it on the internet.

Will send hubby back in tomorrow and see if he gets more joy.   :)

By the way, they were quick enough to take my £300 deposit!!   :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf