Author Topic: Transferwise - GBP Transfers to UK  (Read 2033 times)

Offline braveheart

Transferwise - GBP Transfers to UK
« on: November 15, 2018, 12:25:21 PM »
Hello Everyone
Please allow me to ask our learned members a question concerning TRANSFERWISE

Reading earlier threads within our forum I was led to believe that I could transfer money from our Turkey GBP account (in this instance GARANTI) direct to our UK GBP account

My present internet GARANTI GBP account will not allow International transfers other than using Western Union - these involved costs are horrendous
I am trying to arrange for a suitable alternative banking account that will allow SWIFT or something more user friendly / similar

Meanwhile I generated an account with TRANSFERWISE, verified my identification and added the UK recipient bank account to my profile
Within TRANSFERWISE I could not find any way to directly transfer from our Turkey account to this UK  account

After contacting them I received the following:

Affrina Gunther wrote:
Hi Robert,

Thank you for your e-mail and I hope you’re doing well.

Since we operate via local bank transfers, then we cannot receive GBP from a bank account located in Turkey. We can only accept TRY.

If you would like to hold this money in your GBP Borderless account, then you simply need to go to Balances > GBP > Add GBP and follow the steps to top up this account. Then, when you feel like the rate has gotten better, or when you’re ready, you can transfer this money out to your personal GBP bank account by going to Balances > GBP > Send GBP.

If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to let us know – we’d be happy to help.

Have a great day!

1)  Is it possible any member can explain??

2)  Is it possible that any member can advise me if they have successfully made any Turkey GBP to UK GBP direct transfers??

I thank all for taking the time to read my thread and hope some good person can help

Kindest Regards
Bob
​​

Offline LeeGlo

Re: Transferwise - GBP Transfers to UK
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2018, 23:14:39 PM »
Reply deleted as not applicable.

Offline charlste

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2018, 18:21:11 PM »
You can do gbp from garanti to uk bank using swift then chosing fx.
Garanti charged 85tl for £2500 and swift charged £30.
I have helped my friend do this on 3 occassions in the last month with no problems.
Transferwise make their commission on the exchange rate so gbp to gbp is no good to them

Offline braveheart

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2018, 20:06:01 PM »
Thank you for your response Charlste  I appreciate your effort

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf