Author Topic: Nationwide Cash Point  (Read 11745 times)

Offline SEVIYORUM

Nationwide Cash Point
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2006, 10:21:05 AM »
OK thanks for that Val !

Offline davidzz

Nationwide Cash Point
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2006, 23:18:03 PM »
I have both Nationwide debit card and credit card.As far as atm withdrawals I have never paid any charges on my debit card.In fact I was there last week and on checking my statement I was getting exchange rate of 2.36 ytl to 1 gbp.I also used credit card to make purchases as they also do not charge and it is interest free on purchases for 9 months.We furnished our Villa last week and paid more than half in cash which We took over(thought the suitcase was heavy)-most places prefer to take british notes.

David
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 23:20:42 PM by davidzz »

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Nationwide Cash Point
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2006, 12:23:58 PM »
You are right David. Nationwide do not charge for transactions on their Flex Account card. However Bewva you should bear in mind that transaction charges and interest are two totally different matters and are no different abroad than in the UK.
Ken

Offline Neisha

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2006, 17:18:46 PM »
Hmm confused now!!!! - Val you say all cards debit or credit charge, but clearly some people on here arent being charged on a flex card or HSBC card.  And there seems to be some query on the connect card. I got charged on a visa but interest rather than withdrawal charge.

Anyone else got free access to their cash - Anyone know of a good website that examines them all??

Val any ideas?

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Nationwide Cash Point
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2006, 20:45:33 PM »
Try the Motley Fool....despite the silly name it is a very informative site www.fool.co.uk   It gives amongst many other bits of financial information a breakdown of pros and cons for just about every card there is. :)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
Nationwide Cash Point
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2006, 22:06:15 PM »
Neisha, to clarify, I have a Barclays connect card & if used in Turkey pay a transaction charge of I think about 1.75%. I have a Barclaycard visa and if used to withdraw cash form an atm I pay both a transaction charge of about 1.75% & I get charged interest from the date of cash withdrawl.
I have a Nationwide debit card and if used in turkey I pay NO charges I withdraw in Lira and it debits my account in £'s at the going exchange rate, in my experience the exchange rate has been at least as good as you get in Turkey.
Hope this helps.

Offline Neisha

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2006, 22:23:13 PM »
Thanks Brian and Bewva - ive had a look around and nationwide do seem to be the best bet - thank you for your help ( val too) N -x-

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Nationwide Cash Point
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2006, 06:43:06 AM »
Dikkat!...Beware! Look in Fethiye Times website at an article dated 30/4 titled Dynamic Currency Conversion it explains it in detail but will catch many people out particularly if you buy using your Nationwide card.It explains how to avoid the problem so do read this article. :)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 10:17:49 AM by tribalelder »

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Nationwide Cash Point
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2006, 10:01:33 AM »

Offline canalman

• Aged Headbanger
Nationwide Cash Point
« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2006, 12:01:39 PM »
Very good item. When I have used a card abroad in the past, the statement has given the cost in the overseas currency and the exchange rate at that time. It will now be a good idea to check that the exchange rate is good and to be aware of the price paid by keeping the receipt (if one is given!)
Pete

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf