Author Topic: Quiet please  (Read 2415 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Quiet please
« on: June 28, 2012, 13:29:30 PM »
How long do you think that Sharapova would continue grunting (recorded at 105 decibels - equivalent to standing 3ft from a chainsaw) if she were to be deducted points for doing so.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Quiet please
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2012, 13:33:38 PM »
There was one yesterday even more annoying than her. I can't watch ladies tennis anymore as it gets on my nerves so much and I am sure there are thousands like me.

Offline starman

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2012, 13:40:02 PM »
cant stand tennis altogether

Offline maximumtom

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2012, 13:43:27 PM »
There was one yesterday even more annoying than her. I can't watch ladies tennis anymore as it gets on my nerves so much and I am sure there are thousands like me.
I couldn't agree more.  It started with Monica Seles - the authorites ought to have done something about it then.

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2012, 15:02:41 PM »
Me too. We were there yesterday and watched a near 3 hour match and the Serbian Bojana Jovanovski yelled something unintelligable throughout the whole bloo*y time >:( and every now and again her opponent would wimper something as well. Not quite a duet but almost as bad as Renee and Ronato  ;)

What I couldn't understand was that that had changed the take off route of planes leaving Heathrow, which normally pass close overhead to cut down on noise at Wimbledon (not as a precausion against terrorists) and the players make as much noise as them. Also heard plenty of grunting from some of the men as well.

I agree with Highlander take points of them.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2012, 15:40:32 PM »
so do you really think it helps improve performance.....?   what is the purpose ?!        Ban the lot of em I say   :)

Offline maximumtom

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2012, 20:28:37 PM »
Just a note of caution.   I have found that, as I have got older (it started in my late 30s), I tend to grunt when I get out of a chair or get up from kneeling or make other similar physical efforts.  My friends seem to suffer the same affliction.  Let us hope that the youngsters do not start charging us for each grunt.  :)

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2012, 22:10:57 PM »
That Italian woman with more testosterone than Rocky Balboa does a double-barrelled grunt, often firing the second barrell when the ball is nearing her opponent. I think she/it is a cheating git and ought to be banned.

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2012, 15:52:08 PM »
Oops

Offline ronzeus

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2012, 16:00:37 PM »
 :angel:
Just a note of caution.   I have found that, as I have got older (it started in my late 30s), I tend to grunt when I get out of a chair or get up from kneeling or make other similar physical efforts.  My friends seem to suffer the same affliction.  Let us hope that the youngsters do not start charging us for each grunt.  :)
  :P  And i thought that you were singing Tom .  ;D ;D ;D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf