Author Topic: Finas account at 12.5%  (Read 4844 times)

Offline kentish maid

Re: Finas account at 12.5%
« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2014, 06:45:23 AM »
Us too, after 9 years and progressively longer and longer queuing whilst the staff seem to always be on the phone in front of us, we closed all our accounts and moved our money to Garanti Bank -  (toss up between Seker Bank too). We are happy to forego a little extra interest for a bit of courtesy!

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: May 04, 2014, 08:16:05 AM »
I got 12.5 a couple of weeks ago for 49 days. However last Monday 10.5 was the best they could offer as apparently rates dropped, although I'm sure I saw rates stayed the same.
I wasn't happy last week either, rang as it was interest day and was asked to go in. Sat & waited ages only to be told they would just continue the account I had.
No signature needed, could have arranged over the phone
Emine is on maternity leave and no one covering for her.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2014, 14:35:51 PM »
We were asked to sign the new banking agreement, as with everything in Turkish banks about 40 pages, each requiring a signature. What am I signing I enquired, it's the new bank account agreement was the answer, the original one you signed has been updated, what's changed I asked, don't know was the reply ! 

Offline yabanci

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 15:00:35 PM »
I got 12.5 a couple of weeks ago for 49 days. However last Monday 10.5 was the best they could offer as apparently rates dropped, although I'm sure I saw rates stayed the same.
Best rate on offer today was 11.25% if you kept your money in for 1 year.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 15:02:35 PM »
Yes... Was offered this but didn't want to tie for a year.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2014, 15:33:55 PM »
We were asked to sign the new banking agreement, as with everything in Turkish banks about 40 pages, each requiring a signature. What am I signing I enquired, it's the new bank account agreement was the answer, the original one you signed has been updated, what's changed I asked, don't know was the reply ! 
We had to do the same George, I don't think much has changed but the Company HQ now demand everything on their computers is backed up by paperwork for some stupid reason, not sure if it's a Finans policy or demanded by the government.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf