Author Topic: "Elvis" at the Buffalo  (Read 7190 times)

Offline Sleuth

"Elvis" at the Buffalo
« Reply #20 on: June 22, 2008, 21:20:30 PM »
Not the end  :) but perhaps the  beginning :-\ but   I  take your point  :-)  we are all different with our tastes. But as much as  I / we can, we seek out establishments as turkish as possible, after all we are in turkey. I  love all areas  of turkish  music, dancing etc.. its in short supply around our area of Turkey, although we have the Hisar club  and the turk bar  in Hisaronu which we frequent.
I`m sorry if I  come across as a  grump ( anyone who knows me would tell you I  am not )
I just cant get my head round the fact that some brits want to sit and listen to a  poor Elvis impersonator in a restaurant above all places  ???   ah well  c`est la  vie`    ;)

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
"Elvis" at the Buffalo
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2008, 21:28:16 PM »
Absolutley c'est la vie. There is no accounting for taste. I also love the Turkish places except where we are expected to get up and make a fool of ourselves - again - no thanks- hate it.

Offline Glenn66

"Elvis" at the Buffalo
« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2008, 21:31:59 PM »
It was more of the "novelty" aspect Sleuth.I have never seen an Elvis Impersonator before and its not something we would do usually.I too enjoy immersing myself in local culture, but with two boys in tow they can only take so much culture before I have a mutiny on my hands!
Its easy to start sounding a bit "twee" about "low brow" entertainment, but it was a spectacle that I am keen for my parents to see/enjoy on their holiday with us.No offence taken, you're not a grump you just have your own valid opinions.
Glenn

Offline Sleuth

"Elvis" at the Buffalo
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2008, 21:35:17 PM »
If Lee Memphis King is ever  doing a  show at a theatre  near  you in the UK ... take any elvis fans to see him,  I gaurantee you will be amazed  at the excellent elvis performance  ;)

Offline Glenn66

"Elvis" at the Buffalo
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2008, 21:42:31 PM »
Can anyone tell me if "the king" is still at the Bufffalo on Tuesday nights please?
Glenn

Offline SuziQ

"Elvis" at the Buffalo
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2008, 19:47:38 PM »
Hi Glenn, Yes Tuesday and Fridays he is on, I was over end of May and we went.  I have to say it was really good fun, busy, a good laugh, not tacky and I like you often frequent Turkish places and nice quiet restaurants.  This was a change and my two sons (8 and 11) loved it, next time we are there (July) we will use their complimentary pick up service (limo) and eat there.  I understand Sleuths opinion but if you really dont like these sort of places that are sitting side by side the more traditional places maybe it's time to find a different spot to visit / live.

Offline Glenn66

"Elvis" at the Buffalo
« Reply #26 on: June 23, 2008, 20:10:24 PM »
Thank you SuziQ,as I said it was something on the spare-of-the-moment and was good fun! I hope my mum and dad enjoy it as much as we did.So thats the Buffalo on Tuesday or Friday!
Glenn

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
"Elvis" at the Buffalo
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2008, 09:13:49 AM »
My in laws were talking about Elvis but I'm sure they said he was at The Flying Dutchman on a Tuesday and Friday.

We decided to give it a miss having already suffered our most awful evening ever in Turkey at The Talk of the Town......lots of people gave the show a standing ovation-but definitely not our cup of tea!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf