Author Topic: 125 cc Scooter  (Read 7090 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Re: 125 cc Scooter
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2014, 12:16:47 PM »
My Turkish car license covers me for car and scooter, I had a provisional motorbike license and this has been translated into anything up to 125cc

Offline Sunny Boy

• Newby
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2014, 18:34:01 PM »
So if I get an electric scooter, I don,t need anything to drive it? Mot,  license,registration ? ANDit will get me up these here hills?

Sorry Phil I am fairly certain you are wrong  UK licence with category A you can ride any size motorcycle, on an ordinary full licence you are limited to 49cc, when I took out sigorta for my 125 cc scooter they took a photo copy of my UK and Turkish translation of my licence, I have a full UK licence including cat A motorcycles.
That is my understanding but I am open to being corrected after all we are talking Turkiye.

Driving licences
If you drive in Turkey, you must have either an International Driving Permit or a notarised copy (in Turkish) of your UK driving licence. Provisional driving licences are not recognised.

You will need an ‘A’ category standard motorcycle licence to hire a motorcycle over 50cc in Turkey. An ‘A1’ category ‘light motorcycle’ driving licence is only suitable for motorcycles below 50cc. By law you must wear a helmet. Failure to do so could result in a heavy fine.

Taken from UK Goverment web site
« Last Edit: February 25, 2014, 18:44:31 PM by Sunny Boy »

Offline saoirse

« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2014, 18:58:20 PM »
That seems totally different to Tinkermans experience

Offline Sunny Boy

• Newby
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2014, 20:58:51 PM »
Yes it does Phil but Andy does say he has now got a Turkish licence now, so it may have been misunderstood in translation, the quote I have posted is copied and pasted fro Gov UK web site, but as I said this is Turkiye.
In 2006 I bought a scooter legally because they did away with the requirement for residency, 6 years later they reintroduced the residency requirement so I had a scooter that I bought legally but now owned illegally could not insure it tax sell or ride it and had to take out residency to make it all legal again, as I said this is Turkiye, as you know Phil there are still arguments going on about electric scooters which I am going in to.

Offline mac2010

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2014, 09:14:45 AM »
My Turkish licence states sinif/ class B-A2 which is a full car and motor bike licence . As for electric scooters getting up hills good luck and don't have your lights on to long as it will drain the battery very quickly.  ;)

Offline saoirse

« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2014, 09:20:10 AM »
Mac is there a specific class  for  " up to 125"

Offline mac2010

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2014, 15:58:03 PM »
Mac is there a specific class  for  " up to 125"
Sorry I am not sure. The only way to be sure would be to ask at the traffic police station and take some one who speaks Turkish.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: March 06, 2014, 05:31:12 AM »
I have an old green paper license, full car and provisional motorbike, when I had it translated the first time they made an error and gave me a full motorbike license.
Then I got my car so had to add this to the license so had it all translated again, this time they recognised the error and told me I could only ride upto 125cc and car with this new license.
I have been stopped several times and produced the green license with no problem also the Turkish license if I had it with me, again with no problem.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf