Author Topic: diamond hotel-  (Read 5982 times)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
diamond hotel-
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 21:53:33 PM »
I'd hate to think that anyone treated friends of any of our guests in such a manner whilst staying at Violet.
Sounds to me like 'the bald' one is a bit of a megalomaniac[:o)]

Offline katy11

diamond hotel-
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 22:37:35 PM »
No one who owns on Diamond objects to one or two friends visiting
and useing the pool etc. but when this turns into double figures
its beyond a joke and what about when these visitors use the showers
in the apartment concerned,do the renters offer to pay for the extra
electricity and water etc.the visitors use i dont think so.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
diamond hotel-
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2010, 00:39:41 AM »
Tony you are talking absolute rubbish!

You want these visitors to shower before using the pool but you object to them showering prior to using the pool??!! The owners choose to rent out their apartment at a price that covers all electricity and water usage. The 1p water cost of a shower (assuming heat is added via solar) won't make any great difference to their profit or loss. Even if it is electric I'm sure the cost to the owner will be close to totally irrelevant.

I assume from your last reply that siemli's sister-in-law brought 10+ visitors to join them at the pool of the apartment they were renting? Perhaps you could confirm that.

It appears quite obvious to me, and I suspect to most, that Diamond Apartments may not be the place to rent if you want to have a stress free holiday. Sending letters indeed, why do that to a family on holiday who are right there, living what must be no more than 50 metres away.

I am sure many renting owners at Diamond Apartments will be at pains to explain that it isn't a place where outsiders will be made to feel like outsiders but it certainly sounds like they are.

Offline june

diamond hotel-
« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2010, 08:16:40 AM »
That's done a lot of good for potential renters for Diamond apt owners.... Not!.

Offline siemli

diamond hotel-
« Reply #14 on: August 29, 2010, 09:31:46 AM »
Thanks for the support guys , we also felt sending a letter was very petty and unnecessary .we  did consider sending one back regarding his hot bbq but did not want to stoop as low.
We did not turn up with double figures, there was 4 of us..2 adults, 2 children. (my sister in law and hubby had 2 small children-making 8 total) -The adults did not use the pool, we just sat welcoming our guests to turkey. We sat on their balcony whilst our 2 very well behaved children swam.(its common in turkey for outsiders to use other hotels pools so we assumed the same)-and since our sister in law had paid to stay there for 2 weeks we felt it would be fine for them to have a swim for an hour.
We did not use the showers we have our own house in calis to do this.(the children however did .
We simply called in for a quick drink and was made to feel very unwelcome.
My post was intended to pre warn others that unless you want to be watched by ‘mr chair' for your entire holiday watching out for faults then do not holiday here.
Nothing but the truth in my post.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 09:41:10 AM by siemli »

Offline Bluwise

diamond hotel-
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2010, 09:43:16 AM »
Well, we won't be going there that's for sure!  
One thing I can't stand is sheep-dip rules - we stopped renting in Spain because the signs containing the "rules" were having to be extended to accommodate them all!  
Sounds as though someone is enforcing "rules" far too enthusiastically for my liking.
Showering before swimming is a bit useless these days with all the water resistant sun lotions - unless the shower is needed because you are a bit of a mucky ticket - in which case a quick "in and out" of the shower won't get rid of the grime anyway!
Even if some of the rules are sensible, there is a need for common-sense and a way to approach the problem - letter-writing indeed!
[:(!]

Offline jennyjo

diamond hotel-
« Reply #16 on: August 29, 2010, 14:25:19 PM »
We encountered the very same when we rented on Diamond last year. On our first day we sat at the side of the pool on some sun loungers that were there and within minutes were 'scolded' by a man (think it may have been 'the chair'). Just came up and said 'you can't use those loungers, they belong to No ??', it was then I saw that some of the loungers had numbers on them. He was very rude and made us feel very unwelcome. A few days later we had family and friends over for lunch, 8 adults in total, 2 of us used the pool and the others sat on the patio drinking, eating and chatting. The whole time this person and his wife just sat and glared at us. Very, very unfriendly although I did like the complex and the apartment would not go back because of this person. Don't know if they live there all year and I do think it is a nice idea if the owners look out for each others property but they were over the top and extremely rude.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
diamond hotel-
« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2010, 14:46:46 PM »
I found the very same a few years back on a different Calis complex (although I was not staying there, just visiting because one of the apartments was for sale). There was a guy there who thought it was (or maybe it was) his responsibility to let people fall foul of the rules then make them feel awful or unwelcome by making a big thing of whatever it was. Of course there were no rules given to renters and he certainly wasn't going to share them to spoil his big ego trip later when he could come across with his "I should point out..." moments of power. He was also breathtakingly anti-kids, and would go out of his way to make it uncomfortable for parents to let their children have fun and relax themselves. This is so out of character for Calis as a resort it is tragic.

I also saw the opposite during my years in Calis - another complex had a set of rules (of course you must have rules) and a completely different character altogether as the "enforcer". He'd be over with handshakes, laughter and explanations of where the nearest shop was, where the bus goes from and more often than not progressed to being given a seat and an Efes with the family. With a "oh just be careful when you enter the pool, just make sure you use the shower first", his points were made and everyone were friends and chilled out.

That's a life lesson - when the great Dale Carnegie spotted two of his workers smoking right next to a no smoking sign he didn't shout or discipline them, he got two big cigars and presented them to the workers asking that they "enjoyed them outside".

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
diamond hotel-
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2010, 21:45:04 PM »
Just as a matter of interest (to me anyway) does the "chair" legally own an equal share of the communal facilities i.e the pool.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
diamond hotel-
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2010, 21:53:05 PM »
I'd imagine so John.  That's how it is on our complex anyway

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf