Author Topic: places to stay!  (Read 3524 times)

Offline barb

places to stay!
« on: March 15, 2011, 12:46:19 PM »
Hi all,

Can anyone recommend anywhere to stay? My husband and I will be traveling to Calis for 2 weeks from 15th July 2011, we did use to stay at the Park Apart with the lovely Nicki and Koray but as they are no longer there Im feeling a little unsure of where to go........Would appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
places to stay!
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 13:19:17 PM »
If you do a search you will find lots of recommendations.  Just this last couple of weeks there have been recommendatiosn for the Golden Moon, Tugay, Mutlu. We met a couple last year who stayed at an Hotel in Calis called the Harman.  They said it was lovely and they were really pleased with it and were planning to come back this year.    Also take a look at Tripadvisor look under Fethiye Hotels to find Calis.

Offline barb

places to stay!
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2011, 13:51:21 PM »
Hi Jacqui,
Thanks for yr reply
Yes we know the golden moon as friends have stayed there in the pass. I'm a regular to Calis for over 20yrs now and try to stay away from the front if we can, purely the reason why we liked being at the Park Aparts. A few friends have recommended the Poppy Aparts and the Seastar; have you any views on these? Trip adviser i do use but i'll rather book direct if i can.
Thanks

Offline poppy50

places to stay!
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2011, 16:35:58 PM »
Hi
Have stayed at the Harman and can recommend it.  They have such a lovely pool area and Turkish breakfast was good too.  Trip advisor is a good start. :)

Offline PKHUGHES100

places to stay!
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2011, 16:40:15 PM »
Hi, suggest you the search facility above:-

Calis Beach and Fethiye Discussion Forums
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | My Subscriptions | Members | Search | FAQ

You will get loads of tips and advice, also members recommendations go a long way as well.

Happy hunting and I am sure you will find a number of great places and that you will enjoy your stay. :)

Kevin
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 16:41:37 PM by PKHUGHES100 »

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
places to stay!
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2011, 17:20:56 PM »
The Caretta Apartments and Ten Apartments are both excellent family run places convenient for Calis Centre and the dolmus for Fethiye or the far end of the prom.

Offline col

places to stay!
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2011, 18:53:20 PM »

I have stayed at Poppy Apt's a few times in the past and they are in a nice quiet position but still only a 10-15 minute walk to the front. They are older style but spacious, clean and comfortable, the owners and staff are very helpful and friendly, nice pool area and a good resturant. I'm sure there is very little change there from when I last stayed, and many people do return there year after year.
quote:
Originally posted by barb

Hi Jacqui,
Thanks for yr reply
Yes we know the golden moon as friends have stayed there in the pass. I'm a regular to Calis for over 20yrs now and try to stay away from the front if we can, purely the reason why we liked being at the Park Aparts. A few friends have recommended the Poppy Aparts and the Seastar; have you any views on these? Trip adviser i do use but i'll rather book direct if i can.
Thanks

Offline johnny mcknight

places to stay!
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2011, 20:43:56 PM »
hi, 1st post on this site,my wife and i have been to calis 4times now and always stayed at the "pelin hotel" alas they have this policy of not taking any refreshments or liquids into the hotel as they insist you must purchase from the hotel,when we got stopped last year for bringing water into the hotel by reception we felt it was the last straw.we love turkey and my freind and his wife will be joining us this year again in sept. 2011. could anybody please give us any info on 2 apartments which we require for our holiday.thank you in advance. johnny

Offline DianaJ

places to stay!
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2011, 20:53:01 PM »
Johnny when in September were you thinking of going to Calis I have apartment in Sunset Beach Club & know a few others owners there as well if it were of any interest to you ..otherwise try www.calisvilla.co.uk gives loads of options in the Calis area as well

Offline Lynn25

places to stay!
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2011, 14:52:46 PM »
Hi Barb, we always stay at Seaside complex & are back again in August. Its on the beach at the Mimosa beach club end.  A choice of villas or apartments, 3 pools but quiet enough for a relaxing holiday.  There is a small poolside bar and night security guard.  The gardeners/staff are available all day for any problems or queries ( if you actually have any!!) and is a 5minute stroll to the promenade.  Just outside the gated complex are a couple of shops for necessities & a cafe/ restaurant open all day until late.  The dolmus pass right outside the gate too so a fantastic location! Highly recommended & I know Owners Direct and Joy lettings are 2 of the agencies that rent here.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf