Author Topic: Places to rent  (Read 3725 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Places to rent
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2011, 16:26:37 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Scunner

It has been an idea of mine to set up a long term rental section on here as I think it is something that nobody does particularly well at present. How to go about it is the difficult part - I don't think providing owners with a free opportunity to advertise their property is the right way to go - I generally find that anything that is free is abused. It's not going to make me rich - in fact I'd be quite happy to set it up for (say) £20/50 TL one off fee that can go to the Children's charity, Animal Aid, FIG etc.

The negative side of doing something more 'official' is that it's just another reason we create to have to delete adverts and rap the knuckles of the chancers who only come here when they have something to sell.

Any comments genuinely welcome.

Good idea - a small fee for charity is a great idea. Is it possible to have a block on viewing the topic until a certain number of posts have been made[?]

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Places to rent
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2011, 16:37:11 PM »
There isn't, but there's also the situation that we have in Buy & sell to consider - if someone turns up out of the blue and advertises, the advert is deleted. Rightly so. But what about if a long standing, helpful member posts something for sale (or that they want) and the person who replies has just turned up out of the blue? To delete them loses our helpful member a sale. It's never going to be perfect but I really feel strongly that twenty quid will discourage the users. If puppies are offered free everybody wants one  ;)

I remember one company (maybe all companies) that do long term rentals charge a month's rent to the buyer and a month's rent to the seller - people say us real estate people take too much, but the easy cash on rentals - with no more responsibility than putting a renter and owner in touch is outrageous. Once again, the CB forum is compulsive, not compulsory - if people prefer to use agents then that is their choice  :)

My only personal negative about this is that it will mean that chancers will cause us to delete their efforts, giving further impression that I am a miserable old git, which I am not!  ;)

Offline jackstee

Places to rent
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2011, 18:59:59 PM »
Sorry Keith
But
???

Offline nataliestewart92

Places to rent
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2011, 19:03:10 PM »
Thanks everyone for all your posts just going to have a look through all the sites you have posted and hopefully get something sorted.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Places to rent
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 19:03:21 PM »
It's quicker if you just ask the question Steve, I have no idea what "But ???" means? :D

Offline Rach22

Places to rent
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2011, 18:24:33 PM »
Hi Everyone, I am new to the forum but not to Calis/Fethiye where I have been a regular visitor for the last 10 years. I have now reached the age where I can choose what to do with my time and this year I would like to spend 6 - 7 months in Calis.  I am therefore looking for a one bedroom apartment in the Calis area for immediate entry.  I am a non drinker & non smoker. I would be grateful for any suggestions.  Tesekkur ederim.

Offline Pandora

Places to rent
« Reply #16 on: April 05, 2011, 18:38:45 PM »
Sounds an excellent idea and we are serious at looking for a long term rent in the Calis/Fethiye area when we sell. Also, it will give renters a chance to advise their suitability (as long as they tell the truth!!!)

Another suggestion might be 'house swap'..........we have a 3 bed villa in a village 2 minutes walk from the local beach and is a few miles from Altinkum and someone in the Fethiye area may want to swap for a couple of weeks. Gives people a chance to try out different areas.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf