Author Topic: All Inclusive  (Read 3257 times)

Offline Julesp

All Inclusive
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2011, 22:08:32 PM »
I did A1 twice, both times cos out of season and were cheaper than b and b or self catering package with flights! Intended to use them just as a b and b and go out the rest of the time as usual
1st in Malta 1998 for my birthday in Jan, Fantastic food etc We did intend go out at night but after shower etc we went to restaurant and bar area for an apperitif and were too tempted by the food so stayed there
2nd time was in Side again out of season It was our 25th wedding anniversary and again cheapest package we found. Fab place again and we even stayed on our anniversary night which I said I would no way do! But that night I did win a leather jacket worth more than the hol cost all week
That said we had many more holidays and I always prefered self catering so we could have the freedom to go where we wanted

The only A1 i would do now maybe are the Gulet cruises Did so many here in Turkey, which is how I found Fethiye

Offline AndyLin

All Inclusive
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2011, 08:32:47 AM »
We do Al during the winter either to Lara Beach or Belek as hubby loves his golf, a group of us go and have a great time, went 6 time between Nov and April.

Offline HappyMonday

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2011, 20:29:15 PM »
Totally agree with Cavfan re killing local businesses. Over the last two years in Icemeler lots of retaurants and bars have had to close as the hotels have started to move to AI

Offline kazakay

All Inclusive
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2011, 21:21:30 PM »
I have always done AI. its great, l still go and explore eat out, etc, but l no if l want to do nothing one day , l dont have to carry any money around.It suites me

Offline cheers

All Inclusive
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2011, 21:46:08 PM »
Each to their own kazakay but local businesses suffer due to AI! Most places in Calis will provide a drink or a meal to someone with no money on them on the understanding they return the following day to pay the bill.  That is one of the things that makes me go back!

Offline Piscoe

All Inclusive
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2011, 14:26:35 PM »
In my opinion AI has its place in say the Carribean where often there isn't a lot of viable nightlife outside the resort but in Calis it doesn't make sense. The resort of Can Pastilla (Majorca)was once a lively resort but now is very quiet. The reason why is that many years ago the hotels decided to go AI and that forced a lot of the bars and restaurants out of business. The resort has now become a very quiet place making it less attractive therefore the hotels are empty. Nobody wins in the long run.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf