Author Topic: Hotel Club E  (Read 3531 times)

Offline karendrummond5

Hotel Club E
« on: July 17, 2011, 14:44:36 PM »
hi folks,

I will by flying outo Calis in September and we are booked in the the hotel club E.  It does not seem to get mentioned much on this forum, can anyone give me information on what the hotel is like? And it's location in terms of bars and restaurants?
many thanks
Karen :)

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Hotel Club E
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2011, 15:10:54 PM »
Location is fab, it lies behind the Aquapark just off the main road, 5 mins walk into town.

Never stayed there so can't help with that bit of info!

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
Hotel Club E
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2011, 15:29:09 PM »
It was always featured in Thomson's "Small & Friendly" brochure, may still be for that matter & has been mentioned quite a bit in the past. Try a search at the top right hand corner. Probably 5 - 10 mins stroll to the central area of Calis

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Hotel Club E
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2011, 15:32:41 PM »
Karen

I reckon Hotel Club E is approximately 1,100m to the View Point on the Sea Front which is where the restuarants on the prom begin.

If you type Hotel Club E into the Search Facility under Hotels, Places to stay, Rentals - Questions & Info you will find previous discussions on the Hotel. Generally well liked
« Last Edit: July 17, 2011, 15:47:29 PM by Highlander »

Offline karendrummond5

Hotel Club E
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2011, 15:45:26 PM »
Thanks, I had a try at with the search function but I could only find one review from two years ago.  I will try again, I maybe typed it in wrong.

One of the members of our party has mobility issues and will probably be using his wheelchair.  What condition is the road/path from the hotel into town like and is it flat or uphill to our hotel?

many thanks again
Karen

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Hotel Club E
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 16:37:55 PM »
Someone local may corect me if I'm wrong but I think you can access the prom directly from the road where your hotel is located, this will be flat. The prom is also completely flat & very wheelchair friendly, as is the majority of Calis.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
Hotel Club E
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2011, 19:25:02 PM »
A very quiet hotel, probably best enjoyed by adults, and rooms are of a 'standard' Turkish hotel quality, place is very clean and inviting.  There is a back entrance to the hotel which leads onto a flat road that takes you to the bridge in front of the beach, but i cannot remember whether the path to the back entrance is suitable/wide enough for a wheelchair.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Hotel Club E
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2011, 20:00:59 PM »
It's a bit crazy paving but certainly wide enough. The hotel is lovely, beautifully quiet yet very central.

Offline farmer

Hotel Club E
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2011, 20:21:37 PM »
There is a flat route to the Prom from the Hotel. Provided that is that you do not use the pavements. Proper drop kerbs for wheelchairs are pretty well non existent and extremely difficult to negotiate by a self propelled wheelchair user. Even a " push " assistant will encounter problems.
Yes, the prom itself is user friendly and access to the bars and restaurants on the prom from the prom itself is easy. Access to the toilets in these premises is in general not easy at all, and very few have disabled toilets. There are a few notable exceptions to this, and I will identify them soon when I have finished researching my current project which is intended to be a guide to wheelchair friendly ( and unfriendly  ) businesses in Calis.

I have only just realised how wheelchair unfriendly Calis, Fethiye and its environs are. Prior to my wife's confinement to a wheelchair some 8 weeks ago I had not given the matter a second thought.

I would welcome any comments on the experiences of others regarding wheelchair access to help me in my research.

Offline Julesp

Hotel Club E
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2011, 22:56:15 PM »
My son who works for Thomsons here was only saying yesterday what a great little hotel it is, he stayed there during his 2 week induction in April. He says the staff are brilliant and very friendly and the hotel and environs kept lovely and clean. It is in a nice location Not far to bars, beach and nightlife.
As mentioned Fethiye and Environs not very wheelchair friendly, high pavements,the main road with the raised central reservation filled with flowers with few gaps which wheelchairs wouldnt fit through and many, but certainly not all, toilets are accessible by starways only.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf