Author Topic: hotel letoon change of management  (Read 6680 times)

Offline letoon hotel

hotel letoon change of management
« on: October 28, 2011, 15:15:24 PM »
Dear Clients,

We are currently finding as many ways as possible to annouce that there has been a change in management at Hotel Letoon for the year starting in 2012. We are two brothers who have been living in the UK and the US for the past 25 years. Now we are returning to Turkey to resume management of Hotel Letoon with a new perspective. We aim to upgrade all the rooms and facilities to provide a comfortable experience for all of our guests.Simultaneously, we aim to provide a professional and dynamic set of staff to make your stay a perfect one.

We are aware that many guests have had bad experiences with the previous tennants and particularly with certain employees. Furthermore, we have been horrified to read some of the comments made about Letoon on various websites and we hope to rectify this.

We are also well aware that it will take some time to bring the standards of Hotel Letoon to the level we aspire to. However, this year we are currently planning to create an italian restaurant with an enclosed area on the ground floor and a mexican restaurant and cocktail bar on the second floor.

Furthermore, we wish to share that both brothers have had a considerable amount of experience in management. One has a hotel management background in Hyatt Hotel chains in Washington State and has worked as a food service director at Boeing Corporation in Seattle, both in the U.S.A. The other is a U.K trained Landscape architect who will bring his artistic skills to influence the asthetics of the hotel as well as upgrading the facitlies.

Hotel Letoon will truly be run with a family orientated management approach, which we hope will fulfill ours and your expectations.

For any queries/ bookings our temporary contact details can be located below:

Contact numbers: 07745905454 - Bora bilginer - (based in the UK at present)
                            00905350318132 - Yamac bilginer - (based in Turkey)

Email (temporary): hotel.letoon.calis@hotmail.com
                              borabilginer@hotmail.co.uk
                              ymac64@live.com

We hope to see you soon at Hotel Letoon.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 17:03:02 PM »
Sounds very exciting.  We stayed at the Letoon when we were getting our Villa ready and after this used to go back every year for meals until recently when it was not getting good reports.
Looking forward to going there again now I read this.
Also, will be looking for accommodation for Wedding guests for next year so hope all the room improvements will be done by then.

Offline Patty

• Poster
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 19:56:10 PM »
We called in September we had planned to spend the day there, i was going to use the pool hubby watch the sport have lunch couple of drinks, but to be honest, we had one drink and left, was most un friendly

Good luck for 2012 we'll pop in  :)

Patty

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 20:03:03 PM »
Brenda and I wish you the very best with your plans for Letoon which we believe enjoys the best location in Calis.

We look forward to seeing the refurbished rooms although we have reservations as to the effectiveness of these if, as seems unavoidable, they stay the same size. We will also be interested in the prices compared to other hotels eg The Oykun.

The success of another Italian restaurant will be interesting as the existing one(s) feature highly in peoples favourites. Again, the location is sensational for an evening meal.

We acknowledge that people have had bad experiences in recent times.

But we have to pay tribute to the previous tenants. I have said this before on here and make no apology for saying so again now that there is to be a change of management.

We first discovered Letoon in 2000 and returned, sometimes twice a year, for the next seven years as indeed did many others.

For the vast majority of those visits Alif and Debs and the staff (Nevra, Selma, Selcuk, Andy, Sezgi, Efe, Ibo Aladin, Tashin, Guner and the cleaning ladies to name but a few)  made sure that we had the most wonderfully relaxing holidays in a truly family atmosphere. Manys a time we have arrived back at the Hotel after an evening out to find Alif and Debs chatting to guests, been invited to join them and still been there at 3 or 4 in the morning.

We are truly indebted to Alif and Debs and thank them for all their hard work over the years.

« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 20:27:14 PM by Highlander »

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 20:31:15 PM »

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 20:39:10 PM »
We love that end of Calis too so look forward to seeing the upgrading of the  hotel. Could be a goer for us in the future too. Good luck
 8)

Offline Janice1971

« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2011, 09:15:08 AM »
We also love the Letoon, we got married there in 2006 and had a fab time, it was my parents first trip to Turkey so we wanted them to stay somewhere where they felt comfortable which they did.  We did walk past the hotel several times this year and noticed how quiet it was, plus we didnt recognise the staff so didnt stop for a drink.  I wish the owners the best of luck and hope that they can raise the standards as to what we all have grown to love over the past few years.

Offline turkeysue

« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2011, 21:56:17 PM »
WHEN was that pic taken...?? the letoon was our 1st ever hotel in calis..about 20yrs ago...we arrived in the early hours of the morning and our 1st view of the bay was truly magical..as we arrived in the dark we heard a cow mooing!!! thought we in a middle of a field..the feeling in the daylight and seeing THAT view was and still is unforgetable...we have been going to calis ever since and still love it..:D:D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: October 30, 2011, 16:50:26 PM »
I think it was on our second visit turkeysue, 2000. We also  remember a time when there was nothing either side of Letoon :)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2011, 16:51:04 PM by Highlander »

Offline heatherhanum

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2011, 16:26:55 PM »
We also love the Letoon. We haven't stayed in the hotel but our son has and he loved his experience. I am not sure about the restaurant theme. Italian or other. What about Good old Turkish food. To be honest I know change is good but I hope it doesn't change too much. I really used to like the Orient but it has changed so much It's hard to believe I am in Turkey when inside the restaurant. Please don't strip the Letoon of all it's Character It's one of my favourite places to have a few beers and watch the sun go down. Good Luckto the new management and We look forward to calling in when we travel over in June x

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf