Author Topic: My next step....renting!  (Read 10563 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: My next step....renting!
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 12:27:35 PM »
And make sure that you get everything in writing and a translation.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 12:35:18 PM »
And make sure as part of that written contract that it is quite clear who is responsible for maintenance of the building etc. I have known people rent properties with major faults developing like roof leaks, and the owner says he is not interested and they can get it fixed if they want.

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 12:55:52 PM »
Interturk Estates in Calis, Cenk and Olga,nice couple and both speak English, the owners of six appartments on the complex im on are with them and all do long term rentals.

Offline Mrs Hyacinth Bouquet

• Newly Registered
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 14:25:30 PM »
Thank you everybody for all this info. It seems I've enough to keep me busy for a week or more. I'm wondering if the only way to do it really would be to come out and stay in a hotel for a while if I'm going to need things in writing with a translator etc!! Would anybody think that's the only sensible thing to do?

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2013, 14:28:31 PM »
Desmartinson, thank you for that information also. Do you have a phone number for me please? Also, are you happy where you live? Thanks.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
My next step....renting!
« Reply #15 on: January 06, 2013, 14:34:56 PM »
That's what we did. We booked into the Harman for a week thinking it would be easy to find somewhere furnished and move in straight away.
This was after leaving our jobs, having a big leaving party and arriving with 20kg of luggage each!
We ended up booking an additional week in the Harman, by which time we were all sorted albeit with an unfurnished house.
We did lots of homework first, with masses of help from people on this great forum.

You'll be fine!

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #16 on: January 06, 2013, 14:43:52 PM »
Desmartinson, thank you for that information also. Do you have a phone number for me please? Also, are you happy where you live? Thanks.
Cenk is a member of CBF May, you can e-mail him here or e- mail me if you wish and i will give you their contact details, yes been here 3 years now and would recommend Interturk estates highly to anyone, 1st class service.

• Newly Registered
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2013, 16:53:41 PM »
Well, I've done nothing yet. I haven't been in touch with any of these people because I'd like to make a visit and actually see where I'd be before I accept anything. I had a couple of messages re short term rentals but I can't get hold of the Members again. Maybe they don't come on the Forum very often so if there's anyone out there who would like to rent out their empty place for a couple of weeks out of season whilst I have a mosey around, I'd be happy to hear from you.   :)

Offline SuzzPuss

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2013, 23:38:02 PM »
Very good plan.  I think I'd get in touch with all three and ask them to show you what's available while you're there if I were you.  You don't have to take anything if you're not sure but at least there'd be a focus to your visit.  That's what I'd do anyway but then I'm impatient when I'm excited about something like this.   ;D 

Cenk's email address is info@interturk.co.uk.  He's great.  Good luck.

• Newly Registered
« Reply #19 on: February 16, 2013, 13:33:08 PM »
Thanks SuzzPuss. Every little bit of info helps. It's okay going for a couple of weeks but as for buying, I think it's probably important to try before you buy and I intend doing a 12 month stint so I know exactly what the life is like. I've all kinds of things to find out though because I'd have to take Residency and no idea how much that costs or how difficult it is to get. Just imagine if I paid 12 months rental and then had to get out after 90 days!! I would hope nobody wanted 12 months upfront anyway. Do you happen to know anything about this? :-\

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf