Author Topic: diana residence  (Read 3404 times)

Offline sarahandmark

• Newly Registered
diana residence
« on: February 03, 2013, 20:52:37 PM »
Hello All, I would really appreciate any information regarding the Diana residence. We have booked for 10 nights in july. TA gives good reviews, would just like to confirm how far we are from nearest shops, bars, restaurant s and beaches. The travel description reads restaurant and bar on site, but reviews have indicated otherwise.  We have 2 teenagers who love 2 be kept busy. Looking forward to any replies, thankyou

Offline Jim Fraser

Re: diana residence
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2013, 21:34:35 PM »
There is a complex called Diana residents behind the Fethiye Sunset Beach Club & the Jiva Beach Resort.

Map link
http://wikimapia.org/#lat=36.675341&lon=29.1038983&z=17&l=0&m=b

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2013, 21:37:07 PM »
sarahandmark - others on here will know koca calis bettter than I but the following might be of some assistance.

A - B is the main promenade which has the restaurants, bars and some shops. I do not know about the shops nearest to Diana Resdiences
but I do know there is one where I have shown it.

Diana Residences to A = approx. 0.5 miles in a straight line and to the mini market approximately the same

A - B (the length of the prom) = approx. 0.60 miles

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2013, 21:38:08 PM »
Sorry Jim - we seem to have posted at the same time.

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 21:51:31 PM »
Unusual for Turkish post to be quicker than the UK    :)

Offline sarahandmark

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 22:34:22 PM »
Thank you both. Your replies were both a great help. Looking at the map, we dont appear to be far from the surf cafe. One of the reviews, that I read after we had booked, mentioned building work, this appears so on the map! All other reviews were positive and the photos look lovely, so im game  :) Thank you.
Sarah

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 22:42:28 PM »
I wouldn't bank on the on site restaurant being open - on site restaurants are one of the most political businesses in Turkey, and that's some competition   ;)

You actually have Calis at the sea and turn left, and the delights of Koca Calis beach if you turn right - some very nice seafront restaurants. My advice would be to walk and explore, and maybe find a taxi driver for getting home if you are in Calis late. It was always quite dark between Calis and there.

I remember Diana residences when they were being built, I understand they are very nice.

Building work in July is pretty unlikely. The season comes first locally and if there is any building, it might just be quiet stuff like tiling and painting.

Offline sarahandmark

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 23:03:22 PM »
Im so glad I joined this forum.  I had a few doubts and  You've  all put my mind at rest. The area sounds perfect. We intend to explore and eat out, somewhere djfferent each night  :) which part of the beach do you recommend?  Xxxxx

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 23:18:54 PM »
Depends what you want from a beach - for me the beach (as a general rule) becomes more pebbly and larger pebbles as you move further away from Calis - but the area between the surf cafe and Calis is possibly the best.

Offline joannasal

« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2013, 08:01:32 AM »
There is a small onsite restaurant that you can order from 24 hours a day. There is also an on site shop with prices comparable to Tansas or Migros. You are about a 15 - 20 minute wakl straight down the sea front to the main Calis area. The dolmus runs right by the complex, it is the one with the blue strip. The main complex manager is a guy called Melih - absolutely brilliant, very helpful and very knowledgable. It is a super place to stay.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf