Author Topic: Airline refunds  (Read 14354 times)

Offline wishbone

Re: Airline refunds
« Reply #40 on: May 20, 2020, 11:04:27 AM »
We were due to visit calis 31st may. Just received an email from EasyJet giving us 3 Options, Change Flight, Voucher or full refund.
We will go for the refund and look to rebook when all this is over, although not sure how long the refund will take!!!!

Offline Wagon Wheels

• Newly Registered
« Reply #41 on: May 20, 2020, 18:12:39 PM »
our refund took 3 weeks from Eadyjet and only 2 weeks from Jet2.com but sadly Ryanair are  10 weeks and counting g

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2020, 19:01:31 PM »
We were due to be on a cruise (right now actually) with TUI. Cancelled obviously. They are releasing discount codes in date order to keep volume down. You can get a +20% credit if you rebook rather than cancel. But you can't cancel without first receiving your discount code.

We decided to get back in control and take a refund (although we are keen on a cruise next year) and phoned for a refund. Absolute nightmare - I had to call over 120 times just to get into the queue - then spent nearly 1 hour queueing and got cut off, then 2 hours one minute and got cut off. Then 1 hour 30 minutes and got answered.

In fairness, that's when the pain ended. The TUI customer service lady was lovely, we chatted about TUI cruise ships, itineraries, ports etc (while processing refunds, not wasting time & keeping others waiting longer in the queue. She also mentioned that some people had been absolutely hateful to her, and her colleagues. These people didn't invent Coronavirus and nor did TUI.

My refund was processed and I was told 5 days would be about average for it to appear back on my card. That was Wednesday and it turned up on Thursday.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #43 on: May 22, 2020, 16:51:35 PM »
Easyjet have now removed the no cost change of flights offer for those going to Turkey. They now offer it to "European flights" but exclude Turkey and a few others. Their old offer was anywhere "in our network".

Seems they have changed it just before the summer flights come out next week.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2020, 20:22:42 PM »
Applied for our June refund a short time ago.

Let's see how long it takes.   :)  :)  :)

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #46 on: May 23, 2020, 09:15:25 AM »
Hi stoop

Is there a specific date next week when EasyJet will publish their summer flight schedule?
Do you know if they will be offering an "early bird" discount?
I've booked accommodation in Calis for May/June next year, hoping that the current travel restrictions will have been lifted.   :)

Offline Christie

« Reply #47 on: May 23, 2020, 11:00:04 AM »
Dennis,  according g to easyjet the flights for 5 to 31 may are due to be released on 2 June,  June dates on 2 July and July dates on 3 August.

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #48 on: May 23, 2020, 18:43:24 PM »
Thanks for the helpful information Christie.   :)

Offline Steve A

« Reply #49 on: May 23, 2020, 20:36:12 PM »
Brother in law just had Ryan air cancel to Malaga 24th July.That will be fun as we are going to stay with him at his place ,flying Easy Jet and we haven’t been cancelled .........YET

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf