Author Topic: Freedom at last  (Read 9624 times)

Offline teresa321

Freedom at last
« Reply #40 on: June 16, 2006, 18:28:58 PM »
Keeeeeeep going, it is all downhill from now on.

Teresa X

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
Freedom at last
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2006, 18:56:11 PM »
Not if the tunnel isn't open Teresa.
Tel - I hope you'll let us all have a FULL description of your trip when you've finally had time to settle in. Sounds wonderful but let us have all the joys & pitfalls. Should you have taken more time or less on the drive.
Making me feel like doing this too. Did you drive in left or right hand drive car?
Can't wait until you put in a full report.
Good luck in your new life
Linda

Offline tel

Freedom at last
« Reply #42 on: June 21, 2006, 12:29:38 PM »
Hi again. from an internet cafe in Calis
Just a few quickies answered....normal right hand drive car used...Toyota Corolla with acon.
3500 miles driven averaging 38.5 mpg.  Good navigator required and my wife turned out be dam good  LOL
Some roads not always continued with directions but yes okay on auto routes etc.  A few crazy drivers in Greece.
Weather ranged from 1degree high up in Austria to 37 degrees near Icmeler.  Even hotter here now.
Some garages not quite ready to sell petrol although new on the Cannakale route down. always keep topping up is a good idea.  Holland quite hectic driving and like nearly all motorways.  Advice in Amssterdam and Venice is stop outside somewhere and get the train in.  A great experience.
But more later and you will probably doing a more direct route.  Just over three weeks just right for us.
Didnt see Dave or Gordon at Koycachiez last Sunday and didnt have their phone numbers  LOL
All for now. dealing with residency and banking now.
Tel
All borders no probs

Offline teresa321

Freedom at last
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2006, 17:20:31 PM »
Well done to you both.

Teresa X

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
Freedom at last
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2006, 18:26:38 PM »
Tel
Sorry we missed you, you should have asked one of the locals, they would have told you where we live, they all know us.

Crabbit

Offline Fettlers

• Warrington, UK
Freedom at last
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2006, 21:06:52 PM »
Tel we hope to see many postings on turkish tales when you get settled

Offline goldiloques

« Reply #46 on: August 17, 2006, 22:53:25 PM »
Well done Tel, I'm trying to persuade my husband to drive down to our Villa in Side- We've bought a Mazda and are having basic camper van facilities fitted - so finger's crossed! Please tell us more about the journey.

Offline janet.gur

• Bolton, UK
Freedom at last
« Reply #47 on: August 18, 2006, 17:24:01 PM »
well done it sounded great,  What are you planning doing with your car as I thought you could only keep it in Turkey for 6 months unless I'm mistaken

Offline tel

Freedom at last
« Reply #48 on: October 23, 2006, 20:33:44 PM »
Hi,
On way back to the Uk now, with the car, which will be sold when we finish with it there.
After moving to Turkey this year, we are now in phase two LOL.
Left Cesme a little later than scheduled on the ferry and had a lovely time on board for three days. Food excellent and comfortable beds in cabin with duvet.  Arrived in Ancona with rain after some sunny periods on voyage.
Left port around 630pm to drive to Rimini, where we stayed the first night. Visited San Marino (worth a look indeed) yesterday.
Today we left Italy and are in Switzerland, where at last it has stopped raining once more.  Tunnels so long...21kilometres etc
Temperature reached 35degrees in the tunnel. Breathtaking scenery now.
Ytl to Euros, now Swiss francs  LOL   Everywhere taking Euros and given in change also...mainly
Plenty of cheap wine everywhere, fantastic
Best wishes Calis Beachers
Tel

Offline tel

Freedom at last
« Reply #49 on: October 29, 2006, 12:32:09 PM »
Hi again,
Back safely in dear ole Blighty after crossing 0015 Friday night. Topped up everything at Calais and customs virtually non existant at Dover. B&B at Ashford for a decent kip and on to Pompey (Pompey-3, Reading 1) Leapt back above the Gooners DAVE..LOL
Down to Plymouth now where after arriving the last 20 miles in rain, it has now turned sunny and warm 19 degrees.
Anyone thinking of driving out, then all I can say is go for it, take your time and enjoy a wonderful experience.
We shall return by plane to our home though after the cruise and xmas is out of the way.
Wishing you all the very best
Tel (& Sue)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf