Author Topic: residency application be aware  (Read 4267 times)

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
residency application be aware
« on: March 27, 2013, 16:27:49 PM »
Some freinds of ours today went to do their residency in Fethiye, they came in January 2nd to Dalaman which meant this week was the last 2 weeks of the 90 days to apply.
 They were told they have both overstayed by 50 days, when they came in in October and paid £10 for a visa they should have counted 90 days from then and not from when they came back and had a stamp in ther book Jan. 2nd.
The Police accepted it was a genuine error and only fined them 110tl each and still processed their residency applications.

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
residency application be aware
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2013, 16:31:55 PM »
That's a good tip Mark and I'm sure could catch out a lot of people, I certainly wouldn't of thought of that.

Offline phil5257

Re: residency application be aware
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2013, 17:28:18 PM »
Is it not they should have counted 180 days from October and only stayed in Turkey 90 of those days?

Offline Marggie

« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2013, 17:31:15 PM »
What date did they enter Turkey in October and how long did they stay and have they been in Turkey continuously since 2 January. 

Just interested as some people are saying the passport police are not adhering to the 90/180 days and that you can still buy "back to back" visas.

Offline amca

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 17:51:20 PM »
I am confused.
Is their current tourist visa more than 180 days old?
Have they stayed in Turkey for more than 90 days?

From what I read in OP, the answer to both questions is 'No'.

I am confused .
The police appear to be saying that the 90 days have to be consecutive from the first date of entry / visa purchase. Therefore, your days of residence in Turkey include days in which you may not actually be in Turkey !

I am confused ...... so what's new?

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 17:52:31 PM »
if they arrived on 2nd Jan then that is 84 days up to today so unless their Oct trip was less than 6 days then yes they would have been over.
Goodness knows where the 50 day extra figure came from unless they were here a long time in Oct.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2013, 18:09:29 PM »
Agree with Jim, some people should carry a calendar and calculator, they entered in October so common sense should tell them 90/180 started then. 
110Tl each, not bad, it is Turkey and you expect to be fined, ?
I have never ever been fined as much in my life as there in Turkey, I now have a contingency fund for just that (for those with a sense of humour bypass it is a joke, except for being fined)   ;) ;D   

Offline Jim Fraser

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2013, 18:31:57 PM »

Offline amca

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2013, 18:49:26 PM »
if they arrived on 2nd Jan then that is 84 days up to today so unless their Oct trip was less than 6 days then yes they would have been over.
Goodness knows where the 50 day extra figure came from unless they were here a long time in Oct.

I am no longer confused !

The people concerned seem to have been unaware of the hundreds of CBF pages devoted to 90/180 days and widespread discussion throughout the Brit community.
Hard to imagine but, obviously, possible.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2013, 20:33:55 PM »
They came to live here in October went back to the UK for Christmas, they are not members of the forum, so had not read all the posts. They know they were lucky to get away with a fine, the post was just to inform people.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf