Author Topic: New Residency  (Read 14322 times)

Offline Marggie

Re: New Residency
« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2014, 17:54:51 PM »
Why, oh why would a passport need to be notarised. There are only three dates 1) D.O.B.  2) Date of issue and  3) Date of expiry, I always thought that passports could be read internationally!  Forgive my scepticism but I just see this as another way of making more money.  Ours are due for renewal at the end of March next year, hopefully by then all problems will have been ironed out.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2014, 18:03:41 PM »
JBG I have pm'd you Yakup's mobile phone number. It will be in your CBF message folder. By the way if you add your email to your CBF profile people can use that to email you without you making it public.

Marggie I would definitely prefer to pay a few quid than send my passport to Ankara especially as they are going to use the Turkish postal service to return it and not knowing how long it will be before it's returned, although I am hoping they'll use a cargo company but I can't see that.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2014, 18:56:22 PM »
Nichola, when you say a few quid, what is the cost? 

I believe, correct me if I'm wrong, that paperwork is only being sent to Ankara in the interim period because things have not been set up locally yet - despite the fact that it has been on the cards for one year now.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: April 26, 2014, 19:44:15 PM »
I think you can get your passport notarized for about 80-100TL.

Unless I am mistaken and it is possible because I have read something somewhere about a One Stop Shop in Fethiye my understanding was they would be going to Ankara but maybe the regional offices that keep getting mentioned will be issuing the permits and I am wrong. I will be happy to be wrong   :)

Offline davybill

« Reply #14 on: April 26, 2014, 21:10:53 PM »
It might only be 80 to 100 lira Nichola, but with all the add ons,and people are being confused.with the goal post moving all
The time
I think its putting people off living in Turkey.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2014, 21:40:16 PM »
Maybe that's the plan after all this is a nationalist government!

Offline loiner

« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2014, 22:13:08 PM »
Just renewed my residency and yes expensive couldnt get 5 years only 1. Passport had to be translated and notorised but when you hand over your documents to the passport police they give you a receipt for your residency and return your passport to you. Without doubt until things have settled down use an official translator its a minefield. As for getting your residency back I asked him how long
the answer maybe 1 week maybe 2 weeks maybe a month in other words he doesnt know, but he said call back in 10 days which to me implies it is delivered to the passport police office from Ankara. I too was led to believe it was posted back to you, anyway I have my passport and receipt for the residency. Hope this helps. Total cost for everything 600tl

Offline dycedon

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2014, 06:24:43 AM »
Friends of mine got Carole & Tayfun to do their residency and it took all the stress out of it, wasnt expensive in the big picture, i think they have an office beside the Mulberry tree.

Offline Eric

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2014, 10:27:10 AM »
Our RP's are due for renewal end of August, we hope they have sorted it by then, but I won't hold my breath.

At least the prospect of the Police accepting an "emergency insurance cover policy" is encouraging, does anyone know if there are age restrictions for this?

As for getting passports translated and notorized, surely once done you could make several photocopies for future RP renewals, or is that to be a "nice little earner" each year. (As Marggie suggests) She and we are obviously cynical types, might have something to do with having been here a few years.

The Kalkan newspaper article makes interesting reading - thanks.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf