Author Topic: Residency novice  (Read 11946 times)

Offline KazB

• Newly Registered
Residency novice
« on: March 25, 2017, 15:57:06 PM »
So lets see if I have this right:-
1..I can come in on e-visa then start to apply for residency as soon as I get here and even if it takes longer than 90 days I can stay as I have already started the application ?
2.I need a Turkish bank account to apply for a residency and therefore I need a tax number first ?
3.I need health insurance ( I am 61) before I can apply for residency ?
4.Do I need to go to Mugla ( I am hoping to move to Calis Beach area )to do all these things or can they be done in Fethiye ?
I hope I have at least one thing right - sorry for all the questions but I am doing this on my own

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: Residency novice
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2017, 16:19:37 PM »
Contact Inspector via PM on here and he'll take you through it all. He's a very very nice man.

Offline KazB

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2017, 16:42:44 PM »
Will he not mind me contacting him by PM ?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2017, 16:51:26 PM »
That's how he hopes you will do it  :)

First class guy, knows his stuff and as honest as the day is long.

Offline KazB

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2017, 17:39:33 PM »
Thanks Scunner I have sent him a message

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2017, 19:38:57 PM »
He did mine for me, and true to form,mine was a right pain in the ar*e due to a problem with my property. He sorted everything, he is so good. His office is just by the water taxi on the corner. Really nice genuine guy, and has a great assistant.

Offline KazB

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2017, 21:28:06 PM »
Thanks for that Bernie - I didn't realise the Inspector could actually arrange the whole thing as well. Do you remember how much he charged ?

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2017, 00:08:48 AM »
His prices were pretty competitive, however due to problems with my house registration, no address etc him running us here, there and everywhere and it taking so long to sort. So my costs were more and not as much as they should have been. The guy is really approachable, message him and ask.
The good thing about this forum is that you don't get a recommendation unless its deserved and inspectors rep as one of the good guys is thoroughly deserved.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2017, 11:44:47 AM »
I would also recommend Yakup Yilmaz who has his office in Fethiye and has worked for a number of years now performing this service. I know many ex-pats have used him
We do not need residency but we have been at his place when ex-pats where arranging it. We have used Yakup for translation services and he was excellent.  He will always come with you to any place you need translations done.  He helped us out 5 years ago with the arrangement for our son's wedding, don't know what we would have done without him and he charged us such a reasonable amount that Phil gave him more than he asked.   
Yakup also has email.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2017, 12:26:57 PM »
His prices were pretty competitive, however due to problems with my house registration, no address etc him running us here, there and everywhere and it taking so long to sort. So my costs were more and not as much as they should have been. The guy is really approachable, message him and ask.
The good thing about this forum is that you don't get a recommendation unless its deserved and inspectors rep as one of the good guys is thoroughly deserved.

You never do "straightforward", do you?   :)

Agree with comments posted, feedback I've heard about Inspector is all good.

JF

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf