Author Topic: Dove apartments-John  (Read 3124 times)

Offline artie

Dove apartments-John
« on: March 02, 2011, 16:05:16 PM »
I met a chap a few years ago called John and he use to drive from england to calis in his jaguar car.He told me he owned the Dove apartments and was a partner with a turkish man.The last time i saw him he was in the restaurant near the sok supermarket where they had the trout in the pond.I use to see his jag all over the place in calis but have not seen him for a while.Does anybody know him?

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Dove apartments-John
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2011, 21:25:36 PM »
is he quite old no disrespect meant there at all as I myself is knocking on a bit! I know the restaurant you mean it was called after a Turkish football team a few years back and then had a refurb and name change been racking my brain all night but cant remember the new name there was defo a thread on here at the time of the refurb with the new name, I think I met the chap you are talking about I went there for a jacket potatoe one lunch time and he said you dont look well I had been overdosing on Efes and air con at the time  and looked awful and he was really kind to me and told me to lay off the air con but not the efes!

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Dove apartments-John
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 10:19:43 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by artie

He told me he owned the Dove apartments and was a partner with a turkish man.Does anybody know him?

I think you may be referring to Hamza and the Han Hotel and Restaurant on the prom! Hamza has not been around for a while and the restaurant is now Casa Di Mama.
Others may know more[?]

Offline hubblebubbles

Dove apartments-John
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 16:45:55 PM »
Hamza is no longer with his wife and she now runs the Dove Hotel and Dove Apartments.He is not very often in this area anymore and John and Tracey spend most of their time in UK but do come out for holidays still. John probably in his late fifties so not "old" at all . Can possibly get you a contact number if you would like it. Email me via profile.

Offline artie

Dove apartments-John
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2011, 17:53:56 PM »
Yes your right.I remember meeting Hamza at the Han.John said he was Hamzas partner.John would be about 58ish.He once gave me a card with Lion properties on it and said they were selling properties up past Aydin pide.He drove a blue jag with english plates on it.

Offline buddy

Dove apartments-John
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2011, 21:09:51 PM »
Last year we met a guy at the 1st Class Restaurant, up Baris Manco Blv, there was a Jag with British plates parked outside and he said it belonged to his friend who always drives over from UK, might have been your friend John.

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Dove apartments-John
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2011, 15:35:29 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by artie

Yes your right.I remember meeting Hamza at the Han.John said he was Hamzas partner.John would be about 58ish.He once gave me a card with Lion properties on it and said they were selling properties up past Aydin pide.He drove a blue jag with english plates on it.

Defo the same person . At one time Hamza had Lion Tours ,Lion Properties, Lion Car hire and the 2 hotels and restaurant.  :)

Offline Sandrats

• Askam-in Furness, UK
Dove apartments-John
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 13:28:25 PM »
Switching subject slightly, but I have been told that you can only visit with your car three times, and after that you cannot bring it back in again?  Is this correct, its just that this gentleman sounds like he has repeatedly visited (only he gets a new jag every three visits!).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf