Author Topic: bus from fethiye  (Read 1798 times)

Offline young at heart

• Orpington, UK
bus from fethiye
« on: August 26, 2008, 18:39:55 PM »
hi

Can we catch a coach from Fethiye to Bodrum and if so is it direct.  Also is there a website for the bus station.

Pauline

Offline jinky

bus from fethiye
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2008, 18:51:27 PM »
yes bus to bodrum, not direct couple of stops en route,dont know web site but i think the bus leaves 2-3 times per day

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
bus from fethiye
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2008, 06:24:05 AM »
I did it a few years ago, it was the only airport i could get a plane to at such short notice, not much fun when you book your annual hols and you miss your flight(a long story)we landed at Bodrum, where the taxi drivers wanted £100 to take us to Fethiye, so we got a taxi to Bodrum bus station, that was £30, then coach to Fethiye, i think it took 5hrs with one stop for 15mins, then taxi to my apt. The return journey was a lot more enjoyable, a Turkish friend, known as Tom Jones(some of you will remember him)dropped us off at the otogar, just as the bus was ready to set off, half way we stopped in the car park of a large motorway like cafe, just long enough to use the toilet and queue up for a couple of bars of chocolate, then set off back to the coach, oh no, the car park was empty, panic was setting in as we ran back into the main building, then noticed that there was another car park on the other side, with our coach waiting for us so we could leave, panic over, for now anyway, at midnight the driver stopped and told us to get off, not having done anything wrong i asked why, he pointed into the darkness and said, airport, we looked, and in the distance the sky was lit up, it was a long curved road, so we set off, we only got 5 yards and a Turkish guy stopped and asked us if we were going to the airport, as he was taking his sister in law(a Scottish girl)there, as i said it was enjoyable but a bit scary, i would do it again, but maybe not when i have a deadline to catch a flight, so if it's still the same, the coach does pass the airport. Alan

Offline young at heart

• Orpington, UK
bus from fethiye
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2008, 00:02:51 AM »
thanks for your replies.  I am going to Bodrum for a weeks holiday to see a diferent part of Turkey.

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
bus from fethiye
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2008, 07:28:51 AM »
From what i saw of it when i went to Bitez, if you are staying in Bodrum itself, it is as lively as Marmaris, the hotel we left was quiet at 01-30, but it was boomboom music til Lord knows what time when we went through Bodrum, have a good time, i look forward to reading what you think of it. Alan

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf