Author Topic: Heatwave  (Read 9749 times)

Offline davybill

Re: Heatwave
« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2017, 08:12:06 AM »
I have slept on the balcony on a mattress for past 2 nights..It's been the best kip I've had in a while.

Yeah. It's great waking up surrounded by nature. Tree frogs, scorpions, huge centipedes, hawk moths, hornets ..... Love it !   :)
What in Dingwall?

Offline yabanci

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2017, 08:56:04 AM »
If the forecast is to believed it looks like you will be sleeping on your balcony for another week yet,Bernie.  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2017, 09:20:51 AM »
Bernie you are very brave to sleep on the balcony.  Next time you are in Lynda's Hippy Chick shop, ask her about the centipede that bite her face... Gives me nightmares thinking about this.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2017, 09:44:44 AM »
Yes Yabanci, 35degrees in the shade by 10am. So I'm surprised to see we are forecast rain on the 4th on the Accu weather phone app..
Lots of my Turkish friends sleep on their  balconies. Mine is overlooking my pool and the trees separate us from the hotel so I don't feel like I'm offending anyone by sleeping there.
Fingers crossed nothing wants to have a bite of me.

Offline MrT

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2017, 12:37:42 PM »
Yes Yabanci, 35degrees in the shade by 10am. So I'm surprised to see we are forecast rain on the 4th on the Accu weather phone app..
Lots of my Turkish friends sleep on their  balconies. Mine is overlooking my pool and the trees separate us from the hotel so I don't feel like I'm offending anyone by sleeping there.
Fingers crossed nothing wants to have a bite of me.

Don't blame you . Id do the same as long as it wasn't on the ground level , we had the patio doors wide open when it was hot once at a hotel where the room went straight on to an open stretch of land had a nights great sleep with the breeze blowing into the room. The patio door was firmly shut on the second night, it wasn't the giant spider that was in the room which did bother the better half. it was the snake that had been run over by a car outside that gave me second thoughts, pretty sure it wasn't the only one around.

Offline yabanci

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2017, 23:55:36 PM »
2am and the wind is howling outside..This crazy weather..so no sleeping on balcony tonight..Hope it's not the ones where they bring the desert sands,and you are cleaning up for a week. These are warm so no respite from the ridiculous temperature it was this afternoon.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: July 01, 2017, 00:06:40 AM »
Bernie are you not under attack from the mozzies, sleeping on the balcony?

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2017, 01:17:59 AM »
Not at all on balcony,  did get a few when out in Hisaronu for the evening.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #19 on: July 01, 2017, 06:47:22 AM »
This is like having a hairdryer set on hot, pointing at you..are they called the trade winds? All night they have been going, and no sign of letting up.
Guests are leaving in a couple of hours, the air con in that room is brilliant, that's where I will be for the foreseeable.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf