Author Topic: Have i done somthing so bad  (Read 9044 times)

Offline bee

• Droylsden, Manchester, UK
Have i done somthing so bad
« on: July 24, 2006, 22:04:01 PM »
Good evening all i have just recieved an email from calis beach forum threatening to remove me from this site ,accusing me of trawling members and spaming them to use the exact words, both of which are completly alien to me as i am not a computor boffin, i am just an average working class person who after visiting calis beach forum and thinking" you know what all these nice people must have the same idea as me",decided to buy in calis, obviously i have done somthing so terrlbly wrong , the only thing i can think of is that i emailed another member to ask them about a topic that they had previously started, so shoot me , but it was a genuine mistake... having genuine second toughts. Bee

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2006, 22:11:28 PM »
Bee
It wasn`t a threatening email, neither was it directed at you personally. it was a mass email sent by Scunner to all members.
As there has been a lot of spamming lately this was the easiest way to let members know what will happen if they spam other members.

Crabbit
PS, I got 9 of them.

Offline bee

« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2006, 22:16:49 PM »
Please tell me what is a spam

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2006, 22:16:56 PM »
I got one ;)

Offline bee

« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2006, 22:27:48 PM »
All i can say is that! what ever a spam is "not guilty"  and the email was over the top. Bee

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2006, 22:27:58 PM »
Hi Bee
Spamming is when someone sends unwanted emails to other members touting for business or some such thing.
We've all received the same email from Keith over the past couple of days.  You've nothing to worry about so don't fret :)
Anne

Offline brummyboy

• Crocodile Dudlee
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2006, 22:38:06 PM »
its not a bad carp bate,,put it on a size twelve hook,about the size of a matchbox.put a piece of grass between the hook and the spam.that will stop it coming off.

hope this helps
« Last Edit: July 24, 2006, 22:39:38 PM by brummyboy »

Offline BabaYard

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2006, 22:40:20 PM »
spam spam spam spam aspam spam spam spam sapm spam spam... The term 'spam' originated in the IT industry from the Monty Python films "I want SPAM egg end chips" "SPAM egg and ham" "Chips beans and SPAM" .. It's the continuous noise of something you haven't asked for.. i.e uncsoliciated mail..It's a bit like a Crabbit post  ;) Although as a fellow Gooner you are of course forgiven (not that you need to be Dave as you and Keith are God(s) on CBF!

Offline valentine

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2006, 22:41:57 PM »

Bee, its nothing to worry about, everyone including me has received one because of the problems spammers have been causing, as you don't know what a spammer is you obviously aren't one so forget it. It would have taken too long to individualise the emails.

Offline Carpete

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2006, 22:43:02 PM »
I got one too and I am really cross. [:(!]I have been a CB member for years and both received and given advice to others. I found the whole tone of the email offensive and well over the top. I know of no  reason why this type of "warning" should be sent out "en masse" :(and feel that it was a gross mistake to send it to us all and we all deserve an apology.
Carol and Pete

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf