Author Topic: Have i done somthing so bad  (Read 9048 times)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Have i done somthing so bad
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2006, 22:51:43 PM »
Hi, Please note that the email facility on the CBF is for members to make contact with each other to discuss things. It is NOT for people to trawl through and spam members in their hundreds. All such activity will result in the member responsible being locked out of the CBF permanently. Thank you :-) Scunner

What is so offensive?
 Hi, dont use the forum as an advertising medium or you will be banned, Thank you, Keith

Offline bee

• Droylsden, Manchester, UK
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2006, 23:05:07 PM »
what was SO!offensive,well the email did not say if you are spamming then you will be removed from the forum, it,assumed that i was.I thought that this forum was for infomation and disscussion , not for intimadation, and gistaapo tactics," don't need it". Bee

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2006, 23:20:37 PM »
I must admit I too found it a little 'off' infact I'd emailed Keith asking ??? before I realised we'd all got it.
I don't think his intention would've been to upset amyone just getting the message across although on this occassion I do feel he could've chosen his words a little more carefully, then again, I bet who ever is doing the spamming got the message loud and clear.
Anne

Offline GlennB

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2006, 23:49:15 PM »
I must admit I emailed Keith to, thought that I had done something wrong, If we all replied his inbox will be pretty full tomorrow!

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: July 25, 2006, 00:31:40 AM »
I dont think it was offensive just a general to whom it may concern message.
No spam no problem.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2006, 00:32:21 AM by heather07 »

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2006, 09:16:37 AM »
I got mine yesterday, i didn't think it was offensive, but then i'd only read the unsolicited e-mail thread the day before so i guessed what it was about straight away, lets face it in the heat of the moment we all say or do things that don't sound quite right to everyone. Alan

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2006, 09:38:20 AM »
The email from Scunner was simply to remind all members that the email facility is NOT for spamming or advetising their business. It was not directed at anyone in particular but served as a reminder (especially to new members) that this type of mass emailing will not be tolerated.

No one should be worried by the email - other than those (very few) who decide that they can use this forum to promote their business through unsolicited emails.

Emailing members direct is not a problem as long as it is done in the correct way and is not a spamming excersise.

I hope this explains it clearly.

Stoop

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2006, 10:00:02 AM »
Sensitive lot aren't you  ;)

It was directed at certain members (remember, I don't always know who they are, those with one brain cell don't include the forum administrator in their spamming list.

If you really found that offensive, you should see some of the emails I get lol

Scunner

Offline lmaddy

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2006, 10:09:27 AM »
I thought when I recieved the email is what a great idea it was to spam - maybe I can drum up some business............

anyway did what  normally do with Scunners emails - ignored it!

Offline brummyboy

• Crocodile Dudlee
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2006, 10:24:37 AM »
quote:
Hi, Please note that the email facility on the CBF is for members to make contact with each other to discuss things. It is NOT for people to trawl through and spam members in their hundreds. All such activity will result in the member responsible being locked out of the CBF permanently. Thank you :-) Scunner

whats offensive there then?i suppose bee has got a point if you thought you were the only one who got it,you might get the hump?

but she was'nt so job done.

jeez who would want to be a forum owner or a mod?

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf