Author Topic: Deleted Post  (Read 2316 times)

Offline Nikos

« on: February 11, 2005, 17:50:08 PM »
Could someone please tell me why my reply to gooner on the member introduction forum was deleted?

Thanks
Nick

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
Deleted Post
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 18:06:36 PM »
Nick
Because "Come on you Reeeeds",,,,,, is not a welcome.

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}3991

Crabbit

Offline Nikos

« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2005, 19:36:40 PM »
Well, it was meant as one as it was something I thought a fellow gooner would appreciate.  Yes I've read the guidelines, but I was just following the general tone of the thread.  But, hey ho, them's the rules.  I'll repost.

Nick

Offline johnqkarl

Deleted Post
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2005, 09:10:06 AM »
could someone be kind enough to notify the members BEFORE their posts are deleted or this is just another rude forum? An email would be nice to say well, we didnt like the post you have with a reasonable cause.. HELLO ,ADMIN?

Offline Crabbit

• The Fuhrer
  • Prolific Member
  • Location: Here at the moment .... waiting to be with my Angel Pearl again
Deleted Post
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2005, 09:27:25 AM »
HELLO JOHNGKARL
One of your posts was deleted because you put it up twice, the other one was moved to the correct forum, namely "general Calis Beach questions"
I have also deleted your new post "letting" which is exactly the same as your original post.

Crabbit (member of the ADMIN team)
PS, I DO NOT get paid to do this job and if i emailed members every time i delete a double post, i would have no time for a life.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Deleted Post
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2005, 09:45:32 AM »
and furthermore...

Notable evidence of a "rude forum"

1. New members wading straight in without having the courtesey to introduce themselves.

2. New members who choose to open their account by accusing perfectly legitimate customers of being agents and suggest "seems people here have SIDED opinions about the Hanel that makes me think, they are not actually home owners but the rival agencies " when in fact those who have been members for more than five minutes know all these people, and where the Hanel House is they bought.

3. People who post their opinions on what may or may not be rude, whilst holding a fair monopoly in rudeness in every post they make.

Sorry John, but it appears to me that our forum and you are simply incompatible, as any member can see by simply clicking on your username and reading every single post you have made to date.

There are other forums that are replete in bigoted trouble makers - if you email me I'll point you in the direction of them.

Scunner

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Deleted Post
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2005, 13:14:25 PM »
Scunner and Crabbit,

Well said you two. If this Hanel lover thinks he has joined 'just another rude forum' then I suggest he goes and joins another one somewhere else. To me it looks like he's just 'another rude person' who will ultimately join the others who have been weeded out by the admin team.

Furthermore- I have no problem with anyone recommending any agency or builder but I do tend to get a little twitchy when I hear words which appear to be from the 'Hanel Guide to Selling Homes' book.

Have a nice day!

Stoop

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf