Author Topic: Calling all uzumluians... advice needed  (Read 10283 times)

Offline Finlander

• Newly Registered
Calling all uzumluians... advice needed
« on: August 20, 2017, 09:20:37 AM »
Hi

My name is Geoff and I need your help and experience.
Bit of background first. My wife is a foster carer which means with our own 2 daughters we have 4 children in total. So as you can imagine holidays are EXPENSIVE. I probably spend 5 to 6 thousand taking them away each year!

With that in mind I have , in the words of Baldrik, come up with a cunning plan.

I am looking to buy a villa. The plan would be to use it for extended holidays and rent it out for the rest of the time. Im not looking to make any massive income just enough to help cover the running costs and any extra going towards our flights. I have a purchase budget of upto 100000. I have looked at 2 villas last week and liked one alot. However it does look like it hasnt been used for a while so think the price was a bit high.

So can I ask for peoples experience of life in uzumlu.. experience of rental income... any tips on good agencies.. costs to run a villa with pool etc.

And if anyone knows of any villas in my price range. Im looking for 3 beds detached with a pool. I have the cash ready and can proceed quickly.

All your help is gratefully appreciated .

Geoff
« Last Edit: August 20, 2017, 09:33:10 AM by Finlander »

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Calling all uzumluians... advice needed
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2017, 12:29:49 PM »
Use the forum search facility, the latest rental regulations have been done to death over the past six/nine months.  All the information required to make an informed decision is there.

JF

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2017, 12:32:09 PM »
Uzumlu is for Local People. There's nothing for you there.   ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2017, 12:32:38 PM »
Or keep asking the same question in different sections till you get the answer you are wanting  ;)

I did say it is viable in my opinion. Far less so in Üzümlü I would imagine.

Offline Finlander

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2017, 13:03:37 PM »
I dont think im asking the same questions in different sections. I posted an introduction as requested and then posted a question in the forum section I was interested in. I wasnt aware that there was a limit to where I should post.

I think I should probably rethink this idea as the reception seems quite frosty here. Sorry if I have angered you folks 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2017, 13:07:46 PM »
I don't think anyone is angry :D

It has potential in my humble opinion. Not sure what it is you are hoping to hear?

Offline stokie

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2017, 13:33:54 PM »
There is an 'Uzumlu whats going on' page on Facebook.  Join that and you would probably get a lot more answers. Personally I think Uzumlu is a great place to live with a good choice of bars and restaurants and at present a good selection of Villas to choose from should you consider buying. 

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2017, 13:36:58 PM »
There's a reason for that

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2017, 13:40:12 PM »
Finlander, don't see the reaction as hostile. It seems as though the agent has given you a rather rosey-eyed view of renting out property in Turkey - he has a vested interest in doing so! On CBF you get a rather different view - perhaps expressed rather brutally. £100k is a lot to invest (even if it buys less with stirling being so weak at present) so worth considering a range of views - even if some are unpalatable.

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2017, 13:56:50 PM »
My advice if you need to rent to pay for it then don't buy in Uzumulu as it has limited appeal to the rental market I.E. no beach no prom only a hand full of restaurants compared to Calis/Fethiye

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf