Author Topic: All of Turkey is now in Asia  (Read 3188 times)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
All of Turkey is now in Asia
« Reply #10 on: September 29, 2010, 13:15:25 PM »
Thanks for that information Jacqui. It's very useful as I'm in the process of upgrading my present model

Offline DANKY

• Never red
« Reply #11 on: September 29, 2010, 13:18:11 PM »
Jacqui
I had a similar problem last year I was contacted by Vodafone customer services and ask would i like to join there Vodafone passport scheme as it would save me money, They mentioned that i had been selected due to the amount of international calls that i had showing on my previous bills from (Turkcell)
I asked what the catch was and told there's not its free and you can make and receive calls as part of my price plan when using my phone abroad during June July and August, so having A plan of unlimited calls and text i jumped at it
i used my phone in Turkey as i would have at home reciving calls and making calls as usual for the 4 weeks i was out there and got a three hundreed and twenty pound bill when i got home,

I Rang Vodafone customer services who said oh No Turkey is not included in Voafone passport its only countries in Europe ah but Turkey is in Europe i said and you never mentioned to me about Europe, no its in Asia and its your  mistake for not knowing that!!!! I Asked can you have a listen to the conversation of the call made when i signed up and get back to me they said the calls where only for there training and not for public use and you should have checked  before using my Mobile in Turkey

We had 5 Vodafone contracts at the time between the Mrs the kids and  We now have all gone over to 02  !!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 13:22:29 PM by DANKY »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2010, 13:34:09 PM »
I had roaming problems when we went to Donegal - we were just over the border from N. Ireland and had to be so careful when it switched over from my provider (o2) to the roaming provider (o2 Ireland!!!) What a cheek.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2010, 13:37:37 PM »
Highlander don't knock it, that is MY phone!

We are on O2 and they class Turkey as Asia, we have O2 cost to send text 11p and receive calls 35p now that could have changed since July.

Turkey is in Asia, except for the little bit at the top before Istanbul (no qualifications in Geography as you can tell).  Just had a quick look and Cyprus is in Europe, well well.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2010, 14:49:42 PM »
Loz - o2 class Turkey as Eastern Europe. They still charge you more though :(

Offline scouser2

« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2010, 16:28:38 PM »
We had o2 and we were charged £1.49 per minute to receive calls.Also sending texts was 49p .

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2010, 16:41:22 PM »
Now on o2 you can pay £10 for one month and receiving calls abroad is free. The rates when you call are cheaper with this too but I don't know how much.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #17 on: September 29, 2010, 17:28:52 PM »
They obviously made a mistake with my phone, I was charged at 35p not 1.37p, maybe I should keep stumph! but then again next time will ensure I use the Turkish Sim.

Strange thing looking at maps Turkey (except for small top left portion) is Asia, but look at Mobile phone sites and it is classed as Eastern Europe,

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2010, 19:09:09 PM »
It used to be Asia Minor. I agree though that maps say Asia and phone co's say Eastern Europe.  whatever it's gonna cost more I'm afraid.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf