Author Topic: Accident at Hisaronu Fun Fair.  (Read 13972 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Accident at Hisaronu Fun Fair.
« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2015, 12:29:00 PM »
After seeing children being held onto motor bikes by their parents and also seeing them sitting in cars with no child seats.  I spoke to a Turkish friend about this and he told me that the feeling of parents is Alllah will look after the children.
When every we now see a child sitting on his Father's knee when the Father is driving or alternatively when we see a baby in the front of a car on the Mother's knee, we always say "Allah is looking after them"
However, it seems that Allah was not looking after the two children recently injuried at this Fairground.  >:( :o

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2015, 15:55:46 PM »
You would not necessarily have to be on a ride to be injured if it collapsed either . If these rides go wrong they can hurt people who are just passing. I have just visited various parks with my grandchildren and even in Britain they are places where I am very careful about what we ride on. A seven year old steering you round the dodgems certainly keeps you alert!

Offline Libra

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2015, 16:37:32 PM »
Here are some of the pictures I made today. I'll send them to the vice mayor in a few minutes. If you see any activity around the amusement park , please share. I wonder what the reaction of the authorities will be.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2015, 21:11:51 PM »
Wow, that is pretty bad.  I hope the authorities will do something about this before any tourists are hurt.
Apart from the fact that would be awful, it would be terrible publicity for the area.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2015, 22:24:49 PM »
I can't see what the problem is. Go to any travelling fairground in the UK or Europe and all the rides are levelled using concrete or wooden blocks.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2015, 22:40:47 PM »
Yes, but this isn't a travelling fair, it's a static one.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2015, 22:43:01 PM »
And the difference in the potential injury to children is ? :(

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: August 29, 2015, 09:30:43 AM »
I can't see what the problem is. Go to any travelling fairground in the UK or Europe and all the rides are levelled using concrete or wooden blocks.
I was thinking that. When this thread started I thought we were talking about those red "string vest" house bricks. 

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #28 on: August 29, 2015, 10:53:23 AM »
I was thinking that. When this thread started I thought we were talking about those red "string vest" house bricks. 

Ditto to both the above.

JF

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #29 on: August 29, 2015, 11:09:48 AM »
Does anyone think that H.&.S would allow a static Funfair in the U.K. to use concrete blocks under equipment as a permanent fixture? 

Also, apart from the way equipment is held up at the Funfair in Hisaronu, we don't know what state the equipment being held up is in.  Obviously, not good, if two children have already been hurt.  I am sure we would not like other children to be injured in the future, so anything to bring attention to this place is good and should not be discouraged.   

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf