Author Topic: Access to Ciftlik village.  (Read 9578 times)

Offline Carpete

Access to Ciftlik village.
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2012, 22:57:14 PM »
Don't have a bike! Never had a bike. Well not for 50 years! And pulling a loaded shoping trolley back over the current limited access is not a lot of fun and quite often impassible. I can't even do that but my neighbour attempts too and has to walk back from the market now, up to the roundabout and then back via the deniz kent, saglik roads. A lot of people who formerly shopped in Ciftlik (on foot) now don't because of the lack/difficulty of access.

Offline marjo

« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2012, 10:15:57 AM »
its not that bad its just different to what you are used too,go passed osko villas the slope at the end of the road is not very steep.I wish people would get used to things changing its what happens out here,stop moaning and just get on with it.
That feels better rant over.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2012, 11:43:50 AM »
I'll reserve judgement until September when we go out.

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
Re: Access to Ciftlik village.
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2012, 19:08:31 PM »

This is the area of road in question I would image it has now been given a high kerb

Ron

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2012, 20:53:29 PM »
Cheers Ron - looks like a ramp might be required  ;)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: June 08, 2012, 11:06:39 AM »
Having said all that surely the little road that leads down to the canal bridge at Cicek will have to remain accessible? This means the kerb will either have to be dropped at the entrance or the little road built up to the road level surely? There are houses and farms down there that will need access to the main road.

Same goes for the other side where it leads to Ciftlik village.

The stumbling block might be anything they put in the central reservation to discourage people crossing there on foot or by bike.

It's gonna be fun  :)

Offline DANKY

• Never red
« Reply #16 on: June 08, 2012, 14:27:00 PM »
It was very difficult to cross last week when i tried, i am all for change for the better but this will effect the local buisnesses and market for sure :(

Offline micky mouse

« Reply #17 on: June 25, 2012, 21:06:25 PM »
Ive just returned from ciftlik and i agree its now not possible to cross the road to the village and as one member quoted there was a way across by going along the cannal by oskos but that access has now been filled in,you used to be able to cross there along the new walk way which they have made very nice its a shame.I have an electric scooter to get into the village but beleave me its dangerous with all the bull dozers and diggers working in that area.

Offline Carpete

« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2012, 20:39:07 PM »
I  hope that as more people have seen what has happened in the area and people have actaully seen the changes, my original question might seem a bit more relevant:-)
I  have nothing against "change", I am quite long in the tooth and seen loads of "it". I would just like to be able to walk to Ciftlik again. I am sure the shops etc in Ciftlik would also feel the same.
Original question  ie. " Is there any means by which we can bring this to the attention of the local officials and eventually get some sort of bridge, underpass, crossing, in place so those of us who don't drive here can walk down to Ciftlik again, reasonably safely?"
Carpete

Offline Pompeylil

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2012, 08:43:08 AM »
Styayed in Ciftlik for a week in June. We often walk into Calis via Koca Calis.
Crossing over the main D400 towards the Carretta beach bar (past the furniture shop).  On foot it was manageable, the traffic now travels much faster as the road is wider so you have to time your cross carefully.  The road is divided by a flower bed?  about 3' across  This is a high kerbed step up which is not filled in in the middle, so you step up step down step up step down.  (maybe now it has been filled in)
It has certainly put us off cycling into Calis now with the girls, if we did it would have to be cross the girls, then go back for their bikes and then go back for our bikes! 
Will try and take some photos in July / August.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf