Author Topic: What to do with your house in UK??  (Read 6939 times)

Offline Tykatem

• Norfolk, UK
What to do with your house in UK??
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2005, 18:26:34 PM »
Hi Dippey

a Good and well written thread....Thankyou. I thoroughly agree with your last article

Pete

Offline Linda1953

« Reply #21 on: December 10, 2005, 19:02:14 PM »
Hi All

I tried this option up here in the North West and got told the council or any local Housing Trusts are not interested in taking houses from private owners to rent out.  Probably just up where I come from but that is the response I got otherwise I would have been doing exactly this.  Instead I have had to sell my home.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2005, 18:15:04 PM »
Why do you have to sell[?]......The local Council may not be interested ,But I am sure there is  privte rental sector in the Northwest, this then always gives you a property to go back to if the need arose. :)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: December 12, 2005, 18:44:42 PM »
Dipps,

I'd be more worried if you were coming to live near me in Turkey!! Imagine the headaches!!

Stoop:D

ps -- this sounds like a good alternative to just selling up - especially now the market is so slow and prices are stagnating. Go for it if you can.

pps -- I am not advising you as a qualified Financial Consultant! Don't come back to me for redress if it all goes t*ts up!
« Last Edit: December 12, 2005, 18:48:16 PM by stoop »

Offline teresa321

« Reply #24 on: December 12, 2005, 19:59:49 PM »
What about all these people with money in their pension plans to invest in property next year, do you think that will help boost the market?

Teresa

Offline Tykatem

• Norfolk, UK
« Reply #25 on: December 12, 2005, 20:52:55 PM »
Hi teresa...... our dear friend Mr Brown abolished that last week in his budget

Pete

Offline teresa321

« Reply #26 on: December 12, 2005, 21:48:00 PM »
Oh - missed that one, must have been doing something interesting. Thanks though.

Teresa

Offline Linda1953

« Reply #27 on: December 16, 2005, 23:13:42 PM »
Believe me tribaleder nobody could have checked out more options of what to do with their property than I did over 18 months I almost became expert at it.  

I couldn't remortgage or do buy to let as the rent that was quoted by two property letting agencies for my property (refurbished)was not acceptable to the buy to let lenders.  I tried the council who were not interested, I tried housing trusts who said no, I had it up for sale with 3 estate agencies it didn't sell and then I went to Auction and it didn't sell.  Then just recently in November I found a sort of house e-bay on the internet and sold it on there.

Horses for courses I guess, I was sad to let it go but I was in such a situation it was no longer working for me and it had to go or it would have been removed from me.....

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf