Author Topic: Locksmith  (Read 5727 times)

Offline Phil

Locksmith
« on: July 10, 2006, 13:48:27 PM »
I was across in May and used Kahraman Anahtar and dealt with a guy called Atila. (Recommended by Cenk)

He came to the house in the morning and took the barrels out of six UPVC doors (some we had no keys for at all) and then came back later in the afternoon and refitted new  barrels - all using the same key - so now we have ONE key that locks SIX doors.

We also asked him to come back a couple of days later and fit some clever internal window latches which make it hard to pop the windows open.

Also got him to fit a safe for us - bolted to wall not just stuck down.

Not sure if he was cheapest guy in town - but he turned up as promised on time, was very efficient and seemed to know his job. Speaks very good English.

We will have him back to change locks on front door once the builder has finished.

Shop No 0252 612 79 31 : Mobile Tel No 0535 218 81 53 His card says he has web site www.kahramanahtar.com and his shop is in Fethiye some where.

Say hello from Philip if you use him.

Offline cenk

Locksmith
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2006, 14:07:55 PM »
I am using his service for key and lock problems . I highly reccomend him also . He can sort out every problem related with any kind of lock.
You can ring him to want a service.
Phil , I didnt realise that he speaks English  :)
Cenk

Offline Phil

Locksmith
« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2006, 14:51:48 PM »
Certainly the guy I dealt with spoke very good English - I don't know if there is more than one person

Cenk, you should know my knowledge of Turkish wouldn't have been good enough to deal with a lock smith !!!!!

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Locksmith
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2006, 20:41:33 PM »
Phil ....can you check the website, it is responding not available. Thanks :)

Offline Phil

Locksmith
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2006, 09:52:09 AM »
oops !

Correct address on his business card is www.kahramananahtar.com - but I can't seem to make it work either.

Cenk,
next time you are speaking to Atilla can you ask him if this is correct address and if he has an email address you can put on here.

Thanks
See you July 21st

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Locksmith
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2006, 10:09:22 AM »
Thanks for trying Phil....as you say neither addi works.  It may well be the site is down for some reason. :)

Offline cenk

Locksmith
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2006, 10:30:35 AM »
Phil
I will ask him.
See you soon :D

Offline Phil

Locksmith
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2006, 14:58:48 PM »
As a final post script to this thread during September our villa was occupied and there was an attempted break in.

We don't know precisely when but the evidence is a series of dents and gouges in the UPVC window and door frames where some one has tried to force open the windows with a screwdriver or similar instrument.

There can be no doubt that the window latches we had fitted (see my first post) stopped them getting in.

A worthwhile investment it seems.

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Locksmith
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2006, 15:33:19 PM »
Does anyone know where his shop is.  Is it just down from the Fire station on the opposite side of the road?  There is a key cutting shop there which sells safes etc.  We need someone to fit a safe and I wouldn't mind having the security locks fitted also.

Offline Tykatem

• Norfolk, UK
Locksmith
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2006, 17:14:09 PM »
Hi Elsa...yes that's the one, if Atlilas not there, his wife calls him on his mobile and you get to speak to him.

Pete

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf