Author Topic: Locksmith  (Read 5725 times)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Locksmith
« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2006, 20:28:11 PM »
Saw him last week and he quoted 140 lira for a small safe with both key and combination locks size 24x34x20cms.  He will come and fit in Fethiye (Bolted to wall and or floor ) for 40 Lira. :)

Offline Tykatem

• Norfolk, UK
Locksmith
« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2006, 21:06:34 PM »
The internal pvc window and door latches are excellent, they cost 15 YTL each (that's supplied & fitted), you need 2 - 3 per window/door depending on the size of the frame. With these in the locked position, there's no movement in the frame whatsoever. Much better and less obtrusive than having grilles obscuring your view and much cheaper too.

Pete

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Locksmith
« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2006, 21:13:14 PM »
Thanks.  Will go along and get these things done.  Perhaps we'll have to wait until after the bank holiday; we go home on night of the 27th but theres probably time.  Elsa

Offline farry

Locksmith
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2006, 18:47:08 PM »
I used him yesterday, to fit window locks as discused by Tykatem.  Excellent service from him, highly recommended.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Locksmith
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2006, 08:17:59 AM »
we had the window locks fitted on our doors and windows on our last visit 1 week ago and like tykatem posted the price is 15ytl per lock we had 2 put on each door and one on each window
elsa it took the chap who did ours less then 30 minutes to fit 15 locks

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Locksmith
« Reply #15 on: November 07, 2006, 16:11:22 PM »
The web address posted by Phil on 11/7/2006 is now working ok but don't use the one posted previously. :)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Locksmith
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2006, 19:18:46 PM »
We had window locks fitted as described above. 13TL  each fitted. They had been 10TL 3 weeks before. Safe from Erin Spot 75 TL. He doesn't fit them but our neighbour had a drill. Bolted and screwed to the floor easy job. Did it myself for nothing as the bolts came supplied with the safe.

Offline Elsa Padfield

• Minehead, UK
Locksmith
« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2006, 15:34:34 PM »
We used him.  Cost a small fortune but we feel more secure now.  He came out during thier holiday because we had something wrong with our front door lock and so charged call out, and then fitted loads of locks etc a couple of days later.  We'd still use him again though because he works well and you can be assured that he's done a good job.

Offline Phil

Locksmith
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2007, 09:04:08 AM »
A post script to bring this thread alive after twelve months ........

We have just returned after a weeks visit to our house. Due to delayed flights and lack of sleep we went to bed quite early on our first night (8.30). It was not long before we began to hear various noises coming from outside our house and eventually I decided to go downstairs and see what was happening.

It was obvious that some one was making was making a serious attempt to break in.

I opened the curtains to our small terrace and there were two young blokes trying to break in through the door.

Needless to say they did not hang around to ask me if I was OK.

They had come equipped with tools and had managed to smash out the barrel of the door lock but had still not got in. We discovered the following morning they had also attacked the kitchen window, and the lounge window (more marks in the PVC).
There is absolutely no doubt that the window and door locks we had fitted (see beginning of thread) had stopped them getting in and had resisted a very determined effort at breaking in.
Sadly it now means I am resigned to having iron bars fitted next year, but I have heard cases of the bars being cut or pulled out from the wall so I think the locks are still necessary.

The aftermath was quickly dealt with. Cenk and Little Cenk were brilliant at getting the Police to attend, we went to Police Station with Little Cenk to make a statement, the fingerprint guys came the same night and Attila the locksmith soon had a new door lock and handle fitted.

Moral of the story : Window locks brilliant; Iron bars probably a necessity; Leave the lounge light on at night.

« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 09:06:51 AM by Phil »

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Locksmith
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2007, 21:31:43 PM »
Attila fitted all our internal locks great locksmith highly recommended

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf