Author Topic: Useful website with Audio  (Read 2486 times)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
Useful website with Audio
« on: September 22, 2006, 21:09:33 PM »
As I am doing my best to learn Turkish (going to night school for my 2nd year) I was quite pleased to find a Turkish-English translation / dictionary website (by chance) that says it has 1,000's of words and quite a lot that can be played though the speakers to check your pronunciation is right.

You do have to register - but it is free, very simple and looks worthwhile: http://www.seslisozluk.com/

Ian
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 21:44:39 PM by Ian »

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2006, 23:13:36 PM »
thanks for that one ian added it to my favorites

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 12:59:43 PM »
the post office do a CD ROM its by eurotalk if you've got a microphone it records and plays back your efforts its not bad for beginners

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 12:02:04 PM »
Ian got onto that site okay but where on earth do you go after registering there seems to be hundred's of options help needed cheers
                     Lance[^]

quote:
Originally posted by Ian

As I am doing my best to learn Turkish (going to night school for my 2nd year) I was quite pleased to find a Turkish-English translation / dictionary website (by chance) that says it has 1,000's of words and quite a lot that can be played though the speakers to check your pronunciation is right.

You do have to register - but it is free, very simple and looks worthwhile: http://www.seslisozluk.com/

Ian

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 22:23:43 PM »
Lance - when I go to the Turkish-English page - there is a little keyboard at the top of the screen with all the Turkish vowels / letters on that are not in the English alphabet. By using your own keyboard and these letters you can type in a Turkish word - and then click the "Play" button a few inches lower down to hear the correct Turkish pronouncement.

You can also do it the other way round by typing in an English word and it will give you the Turkish equivalent.

Hope that helps?

Ian

Offline heatherhanum

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 08:24:59 AM »
Hi Ian my name is Heather and my hubby is Nigel we have been learning Turkish for the last 2 years and i think i need to be in Turkey to practice and improve any further still I love the language, it's difficult but beautiful and very rewarding when you get it right, and are understood. Welcome to this forum it's full of useful info and thank you for sharing the website I will look at it later today. Good luck with your Turkish
Heather

Offline Loquela1

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 10:12:33 AM »
Hi everyone,
I introduced this in another discussion, but I would like to focus on the Audio Forums here.
at http://loquela-education.net (free site, registration only needed for some areas) we have what is called YackPack. This is basically an audio-enabled messaging board or forum.

If you visit Loquela Education Online and go to the Turkish section you will see the YackPack logo. You can join the YackPack by clicking the link. Registration is required for this but it is still free and registration is very quick. There are instructions there but you can also get help from the support forums.

Basically YackPack allows you to record messages and send them to other members who can then reply. It is possible to send private voice messages, but this is a public forum and most messages can be read by anybody.

This is experimental at the moment but I think it could be a great opportunity to practice your speaking listening and pronunciation online - quite unique!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf