work
« Reply #21 on: December 20, 2007, 16:33:25 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

quote:
Originally posted by my way

quote:
Originally posted by starman

You can not legally work untill you have your work permit signed by the ministry, period.
The SSK people can come around anytime and make sure that everyone working there is paying social security. Anyone that is not paying will end up being fined and also the company getting fined aswell.
I know there are people working here illegally for years but it still does not make it legal and it does not matter who you know when these guys come around and they have been snooping around istanbul for the last few months doing snap inspections.
Any company, no matter if its a school or a corporation, HAS to apply for your work permit for any foreigner they employer by law.
As for english time, well no need to go there as their reputation speaks enough for itself.

As mentioned before and scolded for it:

Starman you do not appear to be helping Linda1953 with her enquiry.
Indeed much like the response I have had to some of my enquiries you so called " helpful members " prefer to mug us off and treat us as delinquents. My advice to you is start helping people with your knowledge and not hindering or posting down to!

Sorry but I think Starman has been very helpful. Maybe it's not what Linda wanted to hear but that's life I'm afraid. Bottom line is if you are prepared to take the risk and work (illegally) without a permit then be prepared for the consequences if you are caught.

I don't think Starman could have made it any clearer.

well said Stoop - I have been waiting for someone else to say something as I did not want to be seen as picking on our new member or forum stalking:D but this is not the first time that my way has bowled in with a criticism. In this instance he suggests that starman should not post if he cannot help, in a post where he does not offer help at all himself (if you get what I mean) P.S. Not PMT just would like people to be more courteous. Merry Christmas and Goodwill to all men:D[:X]

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
work
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2007, 21:27:31 PM »
:DI'll drink to that GB, only the last bit though. ;)

Offline Linda1953

work
« Reply #23 on: January 24, 2008, 13:41:27 PM »
Just back on here now. Thanks my way.  It appears that I seem to attract this kind of posting anyway.  Dumbing down I call it.  No brain syndrome.  I am only posting on my actual experiences but it seems some members on here take it upon themselves to follow me around the forum (forum stalking)putting me straight when I am only relaying back what I have been told or experienced be it right or wrong.  I am not always right but it seems some members on here think they are in every posting.  

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
work
« Reply #24 on: January 24, 2008, 18:39:48 PM »
Linda time to get real - nobody forum stalks you, but given this post that starman made on another thread one might assume he knows a little bit about what he is talking about??? If you do not like to have people put accross another point then may I suggest you do not visit a "discussion" forum. The clue is in the name - Discussion. If you post on a discussion forum and as you say you are not always right then someone is bound to come on here and post a correction, is that not the way it works?

From a post under the thread "Campaign" {A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}19356

I am having lunch together with the British Ambassador and the head of Invest Turkey who works for Tayip Erdogans office. Our number one topic of conversation to be presented to them would be the issue of work permits and why they are making it much more complicated over the last 6 months.
They are being stupid when a company invests billion of dollars but they wont issue their ceo a work permit and this will just hurt Turkey in the long run when corporates look elsewhere to place their HQs.

Offline Linda1953

work
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2008, 11:55:13 AM »
And I hope your not going to turn up to the meeting with a gob like that GB or they will be deporting the lot of us.

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
work
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2008, 13:59:31 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Linda1953

And I hope your not going to turn up to the meeting with a gob like that GB or they will be deporting the lot of us.

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Fortunately my "Gob" may not be the most attractive, however it is always pleasant. Yours on the otherhand......[?]

You misunderstand I was not attending the meeting - Starman was - the guy who dared to offer an alternative view to yours.

As always it's been a pleasure.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
work
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2008, 15:17:09 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Linda1953

:o :o :o:(:(:(  
It would be nice, if people really can't find nice things to say, then they don't say anything at all.  If I was on the receiving end of that Linda, i would have found it rather insulting.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
work
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2008, 15:33:48 PM »
work permit is that required even if you are not paid ? or if you act as an agent without being paid in turkey? thinking of becoming an agent no not 007, but for uk based company assisting them in breaking into turkish market. any pointers would be useful.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
work
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2008, 15:37:11 PM »
It didn't take long Linda - back on 5 days and already insulting the forum members.

No wonder you get so much stick!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf