Author Topic: What's the WORST present ever given/received?  (Read 1058 times)

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
What's the WORST present ever given/received?
« on: February 07, 2007, 05:53:35 AM »
What's the worst present you've bought or received?

I bought the following for our granddaughter for Christmas - Real Talking Bubba Bear.:D Here's a photo of a similar one (not quite as cool as the one I chose & we bought her, but OK) - he looks a real cool dude doesn't he? :) He also says around 200 phrases - Great I thought for a 20 month old as she'll learn something.

Christmas day arrived & Katherine was totally enamoured with the bear. So much so that he was the toy she wanted to take to her others grandparents house. The other grandparents were enamoured of him also & everyone found it extremely funny when her other grandad thought it had told him that "Phew, you need a breath mint." - they thought he'd misheard naturally.

I'm extremely pleased to say that she really loved the bear, he was always in her company & she shrieked with laughter at his sayings. The other toys we bought her she really liked but Bubba was special to her. Maybe someone should have listened a bit more to the things Bubba was saying though?

Sarah has just informed us that Bubba has been banished for a few years to a box Katherine can't get at. Why you might ask?

Tom picked her up from her nursery & had to take her back to the office with him for his secretary to mind whilst he had a short important meeting with one of his main clients. The client was much enamoured of Katherine as she is really pretty. He couldn't believe she was only 22 months old as she is already 3ft tall & talking well & non stop. Tom is an attorney & this was an important client.

The dear little mite went up to the important client tapped him on the knee & said "Pull my finger" he did & she promptly blew a raspberry. She also asked him when he last had a bath.

Carl nearly fell off his chair laughing as Sarah was reciting what she had said & done. It was me that purchased the bear & I had no idea that 'Pull my finger' meant anything but - pull my finger. It means something totally different in the States. I did think some of the expressions were a little strange but I honestly had no idea they meant what they did in the States.

I did think some were a 'little wicked': :) but honestly had no idea how bad this little bear really was. :-\ Maybe the alternative title of "Bubba - the Redneck Talking Bear" should have alerted me??

OOOOOPPPPS :-\: :):D
Linda :-\

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf