Author Topic: cycles  (Read 6008 times)

Offline Partygirl

cycles
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2004, 22:37:20 PM »
Hi Linda

I have seen thoses bicycles for sale and I must say I have been on about getting one.  They look really practical. I saw them for sale in the same street that Yildez the furniture store is in.  Scunner will know where that is.  So if you are reading tell Linda how to get there.  I am also in the position to agree with Scunner that he is a bloody good alcoholic.

We hope to take possession of our property  early June and we are really looking forward to it.

good luck with the bicycle hunt.

Carol

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
cycles
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2004, 22:41:23 PM »
Linda

To get to that shop, I'd suggest cycling there.

Scunner

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
cycles
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2004, 08:22:17 AM »
Scunner OK you are right. But you accused me then of being a lightweight in the drinking stakes. Must admit we did drink far more than normal in the 2 weeks we were there. We didn't want to be party poopers.
Not sure I could keep up with you - in my younger days I could probably have easily drunk you under the table. Then again they say with age comes wisdom. Well that's what they say.
I now am addicted to coffee - drink far too many. Looking forward to getting to Turkey & changing to apple tea - got to be much better for you.
Come on - tell me - where is that shop?
PS. Will they deliver? :-)
Linda

Offline Carpete

cycles
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2004, 21:26:54 PM »
Beko shop next to Eron spot had 3 wheelers. He quoted me £110 for the cheapest one which had a lovely big shooping basket on it. NB that was before I did any haggling!

Offline n/a

• deleted
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2004, 14:18:47 PM »
We are taking my 6yr old grandson to Calis in July, we shall have bikes, anyone know of bike seats, trailers etc & where we can purchase or hire from? Thanks

Offline tytots

cycles
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2004, 15:47:20 PM »
We have bought our bikes, 2 mountain bikes, 21 gears, £58 each, literaly off the back of a lorry. Found lovely little shop for repairs/maintenance etc. It's a little old 1946 type shop, very helpfull owner, speaks no english but you manage, everything there hanging from the roof etc. At top of Baris Manco Bulvari turn right it's on the right hand side about 200mtrs down, has mopeds repaired there as well. Elaine & Dave

Offline lindacarl

• Pontypool - which is in WALES not England
cycles
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2004, 09:15:32 AM »
Finally got the 3 wheelers - after weeks of looking - every time we went out.
Couldn't get the bloke under £110 each even by buying 2. We finally saw them 100yds up from Pasa Kebab - he'd just had a shipment in.

We were looking forward to using the 2nd week we were in Calis but my seat kept falling down & Carls' handlebars were ultra flexible. As we had no tools to fix it will have to wait until next time.

So if you see a gold & a blue 3 wheeler side by side with 2 large people on them give us a wave.

They appeared to be resurfacing most of the roads when we were out there, had already done Yerguzlar to the market & the day we left there we went to the barbie at Camelia (at top of our road) & had to climb over mounds of chippings which had miraculously appeared, so hopefully cycling might be a bit safer.

Linda & Carl

Offline siemli

cycles
« Reply #17 on: September 08, 2004, 17:35:38 PM »
Dont forget good old Migros.
I got two adult mountain bikes with the large oval frame fo £28 each and a kids one for £24.
They have all the gears etc but are obviously not top of the range but are ideal for the beach or riding to Fethiye.

On that note anyone know where to get baskets for bike from....

Offline Rimms

• Whisky Fingered Lavvy Director
  • Prolific Member
cycles
« Reply #18 on: September 08, 2004, 19:15:02 PM »
Or bells, so you can warn all those bloody pedestrians who insist on strolling down the prom !!

Offline tytots

cycles
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2004, 13:57:16 PM »
If you go to the junction at the end of Baris Manco Bulivari, turn right, cycle shop on right about 100mtrs. or so, opposite Police station & school. It's a small/old shop, every thing hangs from the ceiling, the guy there doesn't speak english but you get by, he fixed our 2 bikes up with baskets, racks, spare inner tubes, even serviced them, excellent value & service. You can go up the back roads to the shop, no traffic! Didn't buy bell but would think he would have them. Elaine

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf