Author Topic: How's it going?  (Read 6493 times)

Offline thebillet

How's it going?
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2007, 21:25:31 PM »
We have just started on Pimsleur. It is so helpful being able to listen to it to and from work although it demands that you listen to it everyday as any day missed means you regress a little. I prefer it to classes as the usual weekly schedule puts me off. we are off to ebay to get one of those word charts so we can have reminders around the house of the key words. Some of the rules are begining to stick and make sense although our vocabulary is pretty limited.

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
How's it going?
« Reply #31 on: August 13, 2007, 05:16:57 AM »
Make a conscious effort to learn just three new words every day.....that's over a thousand new words in a year. It is an easy technique...the first thing you see that you don't know the Turkish for, make a note and look it up.  It tends to stick this way as you are bringing a visual aspect into the learning.  If you just read it it is often here today gone tomorrow. :)

Offline Steve B

• The Hairy Branflake
How's it going?
« Reply #32 on: August 13, 2007, 07:13:58 AM »
Something that worked for was to write onto yellow postit notes the Turkish word for whatever you stuck it to. I had them all over the house but it really worked.

Offline thebillet

How's it going?
« Reply #33 on: August 13, 2007, 08:27:21 AM »
Yeah that sounds a good idea a cheap version of flash cards. I just have to be more careful with my writing as it isn't too iyi!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf