Author Topic: Gemeler beach restaurant  (Read 4353 times)

Offline colinanddenise

Gemeler beach restaurant
« on: May 22, 2007, 07:33:39 AM »
Us brits are our own worst enemy, but we got stung at the restaurant on the beach two weeks ago, just make sure you ask for prices when you order as there is no menu!! and its too late after you have eaten the food and drunk the beer!!

Offline jo b

• Chandler's Ford, UK
Gemeler beach restaurant
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 07:53:11 AM »
We got caught there last year!

As we drove into the car park we got directed into a space (it was practically empty anyway)then herded to sunbeds and beers and coffe promptly delivered...hooked. The place looked pretty basic and as Colin and Denise said no menu we all had fish of the day-sea bass chips and salad all ok until the bill! For the six of us a simple lunch over a hundred quid! We said you got to be joking but they wouldn't budge so we paid up...we will go to Gremler again but with a picnic!

I believe in what goes round comes round.....

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Gemeler beach restaurant
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 08:30:02 AM »
Welcome to CBF "Gemeler Beach Restaurant", and what an excellent appraisal to kick off with.

Serves its purpose this website - excellent information that should save a lot of people a lot of money, and more importantly that sinking feeling of being had, which can ruin your day (or even whole holiday).

Scunner

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Gemeler beach restaurant
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 08:50:23 AM »
Thanks Guys, we were heading to the beach later this week, but will now make sure we pack up a picnic :(

Offline cathy h

Gemeler beach restaurant
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 10:57:35 AM »
Hi there, we went to Gemiler Beach a few times over the winter and used the restaurant to the left as you look towards the sea. At that time they only served bbq fresh fish with salad and chips etc (all for for 15YTL)but we just had salad and chips with some  coffees and beers and it was very reasonable - 3YTL for Efes and 2YTL for coffee. Went back about a week ago intending to have lunch. We were charged 2.5YTL per person to enter the area, and the same restaurant now has a full kitchen. Beer now up to 4YTL and the more extensive menu looked interesting until I saw the prices. Many dishes being charged at inflated prices e.g Omelettes from 9-11YTL, chicken dishes at around 16YTL. Personally, we felt that they were overpriced, even though the setting is good, you are in effect in a picnic area. Afraid we won't be back and it is a great shame as we enjoyed going there previously.

Offline SEVIYORUM

Gemeler beach restaurant
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 12:42:34 PM »
Do you think it could be out of season prices if they are open in the winter? Just a thought.. I have never been here myself, as for the charge to get into the area, its the same in Oludeniz, you pay once the season starts but you don't in the winter - this is to get into the Blue Lagoon area.

Sevi x

Offline Diverbaz 1

Gemeler beach restaurant
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 13:23:03 PM »
They tried to charge us to walk along the beach at Olu Deniz (the far end) when we were out at Christmas, we had a Turkish friend with us who gave the guy a bit of grief, but he still would not let us walk on that part of the beach. So in season, out of season, does not matter. They will charge.

Baz 8)

Offline McGroogle

Gemeler beach restaurant
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 13:31:27 PM »
Sounds like the place we got stung at in Oct. last year.

As we arrived in the car park was directed into a space by the guy who owns the little cafe on the right. 'No charge', well there was no charge anyway - hardly any people around at that time of year. But I didn't know that until later. He did his best to get us into his cafe 'Sunbed - no charge' - seemed OK so went for it.

Wanted some drinks and something to eat, so had probably 2 beers, 2 waters, 2 portions chips, 1 chicken and salad - food not great but did the trick. Spent a good 4 hrs or so there and had a really nice  day out. Then went to pay the bill. No man in sight although I did see him a few minutes earlier (hiding round the back I reckon). The wife and smalll kids were there and handed me the bill - 80YTL!!

Well I wasn't going to pay that - so I argued the toss. She couldn't speak English and the kids were there so I couldn't go mad at her, so ended up paying 70YTL and she wasn't happy with that either. It still rankles with me now (I'll stop chewing my pen top now!!) - but lesson learnt. No menu, no prices = no business from me in future.

So watch out for them - on the right when you are in the car park - they have a proper little scam going off.

McGroogle

Offline joan

Gemeler beach restaurant
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 14:35:52 PM »
We got ripped off at gemiler beach,it would have been cheaper to buy a sunbed.Only been the once never again.

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
Gemeler beach restaurant
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 21:43:09 PM »
 :) Where exactly is this Gemeler place, is it in Olu Deniz, This is one place I will remember because of this post,I think its a disgrace, and its little things like this as Scunner said , can ruin your holiday,It really saddens me to hear these stories, dont they realise that people wont go back again,: :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf