Author Topic: Exchange Rate  (Read 4180 times)

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
Exchange Rate
« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2007, 21:06:11 PM »
If in Hisaronu, we use delboys. always decent rate, never been ripped off.  Its a little supermarket on the right, just before where the market is. Otherwise, I always use the banks in Fethiey

Offline tinkerbell63

Exchange Rate
« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2007, 21:35:36 PM »
Skeggie...nah been there! Too hot!!

Offline Sleuth

Exchange Rate
« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2007, 22:23:25 PM »
it wasn`t the `exchange rate` they were offering that was the problem... I was happy with that.  It was the  intent to deceive by deliberately  shortchanging and hoping I wouldnt check it, that disappointed  me. 2.5 lira to the £  = 250   not  240, or in my wifes case 220  !!  Scumbags,,, thats the only word for em... hope they got kicked out of Hisaronu. Anyway the moral is " trust no one at the exchange centres...and CHECK AT THE DESK  the cash they give you
Tinkerbell, dont give up on Hisaronu, the good things  about  the area  far  outweigh the  bad  fortunately.Theres still no better destination around the  med  than Turkey   especially our  area  :)

Offline mavisim

Exchange Rate
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2007, 10:40:23 AM »
If you withdrew cash from a teller in the UK it goes without reason you would count it?

Do people really just hand over wads of sterling in a Turkish change office and depart without checking?

ALL official change offices are actually required to issue a transaction receipt for any 'exchange' transaction, but one begs to ask, why go to the same change office 3 times?

Offline number2

• More than just a member
  • Prolific Member
Exchange Rate
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2007, 11:43:25 AM »
I always count along with whoever i am getting the money off cos the clothes shop in Fethiye fiddled me last year, and i aint being done again. Alan

Offline gt1

Exchange Rate
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2007, 13:56:37 PM »
i also got done at the clothes shop.When I questioned him he told me that the rate on the boards outside the shop were only for card transactions and the sterling exchange was lower

Offline davidzz

Exchange Rate
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2007, 14:31:59 PM »
Back just over 2 weeeks now and I got over 2.6 lira to the pound using my Nationwide ATM card everyday, except one which was 2.587, I have not used money exchange places for the past 5 years as I have never had a problem using my Nationwide card and always got the best rate. As far as people thinking that getting "ripped off" is on the increase,I would probably disagree and say that in recent years everyone has become a bit more careful and more suspicious than the first time they visited the area.When they either have been or feel that they have been ripped off,they do not keep to themselves but now tell everyone. This forum is a good way of getting that message across but We should not think that these things never happened years ago.
Evidence can be provided if required  ;)

David

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf