Author Topic: I just got married in turkey  (Read 4941 times)

Offline lulus

I just got married in turkey
« Reply #10 on: July 10, 2007, 16:15:32 PM »
hadn't done my date of birth, bit older than 14!
No, that was not us in olu deniz, we spent near enough all of our time in calis.

Offline gunna

• Aldershot, UK
« Reply #11 on: July 10, 2007, 17:18:56 PM »
Hi Jo, congratulations on your wedding, we would like to ask you a few questions, if you do not mind can you email my profile with your contact details.

lynne

Offline laffa

• benitez
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: July 10, 2007, 19:18:44 PM »
Did you or some of your friends stay in Seaside Residence, think we met them.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #13 on: July 10, 2007, 21:55:09 PM »
Lulus - congratulations.

We are getting married in late May next year - very quiet - just the 2 of us and 2 friends as witnesses and we have booked the Ece Saray for a week. We have asked them if we can get married in front of the hotel - but if they are not prepared to do that we will hire a small boat and get collected from the marina in front of the hotel.

We will stay at our apartment before and after that week. I have heard some reports that the food is not that good although I think it was from people who expected a very high standard!

We were there last week, checked out the rooms and were in the middle of making our arrangements when we had to return to the UK unexpectedly due to a family bereavement.

What did you think of the hotel in general terms?

Ian & Gill

Offline lulus

« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2007, 07:51:19 AM »
laffa, yes there were a few of our lot at seaside, probably quite noisy too!

Offline lulus

« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2007, 07:56:59 AM »
Ian, to be honest we only ate at the hotel at breakfast time, which we can't fault. It was very nice, great variety with cooked and turkish. The hotel overall is really good, the staff are very friendly & helpful, everything's really clean. the rooms aren't a bad size & they have got amazing views. The only downside to the hotel is that the air con wasn't even worth using & smells a bit when you use it & the drinks are very overpriced at the bars but then i suppose we should expect that from staying there.

Offline Tonya

« Reply #16 on: July 11, 2007, 09:44:30 AM »
During an extremely wet January weekend, when we took a walk along to the Ece Saray we popped in for a drink and had the best ever Brandy, warmed in a nice glass for the excellent price of £12! Lovely hotel though  :)

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2007, 20:41:07 PM »
Lulus - thanks for your reply. We will get our moneys-worth out of our half board and walk into town for a drink after dinner!

Ian & Gill  :)

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2007, 07:56:29 AM »
sorry a bit late but congrats to you and your new hubbie

Offline LindaW

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2007, 10:30:16 AM »
Hi Lulus, congratulations and good luck for now and the future.  we also stayed in Calis for the first time last year and decided to get married this year, we are to be wed at the hotel meri by the lagoon on August 23rd just a samll affair myself and partner Paul (hopefully) my daughter and her friend (bridesmaids) and Pauls two sons and their partners.  My daughter doesn't know we are getting married she and her friend think they are being bridesmaids for a friend of ours and we will surprise her on Monday 20th when the boys arrive for the wedding! we haven't told anyone we will surprise family and friends when we get back.  How long did it take you to get to the consulate in Antalya? and is this quite a straight forward process? would leve to see your photos.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf