Author Topic: BA Business Class, What you get for your ££££'s  (Read 1544 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
BA Business Class, What you get for your ££££'s
« on: October 23, 2007, 20:24:18 PM »
As mentioned before, a rather odd combination of events meant that travelling business class from Dalaman to LGW was £269 with Expedia, while the very same flight but normal economy was £616 at BA.com [:o]

So, I saved over £300 by going business class, but normally you pay £300+ more for the 'priviledge'.

I am well versed in business class (well I used to be) but generally with Emirates, where you can easily see what paying the extra gets you. I should also point out that I never paid for flights, my company did, so if they want to waste their money on me that was always fine  :)

So, business class on BA Dalaman to London. What you get that economy don't:

Free pass to Dalaman VIP lounge. (£10 normally).
A newspaper. (50p).
2 seats where normally there are 3, with a table contraption in the middle.
A few free drinks.
3" extra legroom (no honestly)
You don't have to suffer the shame involved in eating your meal from a plastic container. You get a plate.

Erm, that's it.

Oh yes, you get your drinks in a glass, made of glass.

It struck me that while sharp objects are strictly forbidden, any terrorist wanting to cause a little mayhem could go business class and receive a very handy sharp implement. They don't care about paying the extra, they aren't planning on being around when the credit card bill comes through.  :)

Thanks BA, I'll suffer economy when you manage to get your pricing sorted so business class is actually more expensive.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf