Author Topic: Language Software FREE........  (Read 5601 times)

Offline Lindar

Language Software FREE........
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2008, 21:47:28 PM »
I was just going to tell all about this free language course as I found it listed as being really good in the Fethiye Times. But noticed that it has already been posted on here. Anyway I'm finding it really good and actually enjoying learning! Determined to speak some Turkish for my next visit in March. If you have problems with the course there are lots of tips including how to convert your keyboard (most are american style) so you can type the Turkish letters. You just press the arrow key after the letter and it converts the letter to Turkish letter. I will let you know how I get on! But really the words are becoming imprinted on my brain which takes some doing beleive me. Speaking is one thing but the spelling can be a bit tricky!

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2008, 06:04:03 AM »
You can actually slow the speech down slightly.....just click on the little Turtle in the bottom left hand corner :)
It is not going to teach you to speak Turkish but is an excellent practice/pronunciation tool and hey it is free!

Offline cas

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2009, 18:08:41 PM »
Thanks i have just downloaded this link too, i only know a few words, i can get by, so this will be a even better start to a new start in Turkey,,tesekkur. Caroline i.e cas

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2009, 22:26:37 PM »
I downloaded this about 4 days ago after Googling "Learn Turkish Free". Since then I have had two e mails from "Transparent Language" entitled Byki Guide 1 and Byki Guide 2. I've not studied them yet but it does look pretty good  8)

Offline miaspyro

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2009, 17:22:15 PM »
KKOB it is easy to change your exsisting key board to a Turkish keyboard, on your langauge bar add turkish langauge, then when you swithch to turkish the key board will include all extra turkish letters, the layout is explained on the site http://www.turkishlanguage.co.uk/ which is another excellent langauge site.  :)

Offline cas

« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2009, 22:19:10 PM »
Hi, we have this on our PC , and its really good, for just the basics for me and the kids, if you press the TURTLE, it actually slows the speach down, have not quite mastered how to say BROWN yet, nor AIR PORT, but the other stuff seems to be ok, not easy, but its going into mine and the kids brains, and thats the main thing,,plans are to move to Fethiye within the next 15/18 months..Also, the more we learn the more we will be using when out there in March, all happy days...

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2009, 23:47:25 PM »
That can't be right, brown is an easy word to say

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf